Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ and the smartphone app

Yes,
But can only control via smart phone app not ST16.

No problem.
I created those videos to show that you can use the CGO3+ on them.
Just make sure you get the correct steady grip. To either modify.... Or get the one from Yuneec that already has the LiPo in it from them.
I think Carolina Drones has them.
But just on eBay or Amazon or local classifieds.
Thanks Haydn

So the original Steadygrip can be modded to work with CGO3+? I am unclear ... if so ... can the cam be swapped (as I have one cam with stock lens WIDE and a Peau mod for "normal")

Yes. But must be 8AA version. Not the 6AA version. Yes you slide the camera on and off, if you have a damaged H then the camera module would fit into these.

Thanks ... OK, so considering I want to stick this on the wing of an airplane (fly over mountains) is there a way to get tilt AND pan? I don't even know if this will work, so I don't want to waste money too much. Never got any SimpleBGC gimbal to work in this application, or on a car. (unless no bumps)

Also, regarding the battery mod ... is it not possible to simply solder directly onto the battery contacts 12vDC? Unsure why the battery mod video was so complicated. Is it wired for individual cells?

Has anyone been able to use the smartphone app with the CGO3+ on the H? Mine seems to connect but will not show an image and I don't have the ability to activate the camera. This makes the wizard kind-of useless, at least as a single controller.
Yes, I used it with an iPad and it worked great, but range is very limited. 15m from the Typhoon H is about all I got before the video froze and then I lost the link altogether.

I use the CGO3 + with the Typhoon actioncam and a smartphone for the control of the image.
Alas, the latency of the image is abominable ...! An explanation, a way to remedy it?
Yet there is no problem on the ST16 ... ???

I have the actioncam with the CGO3 + and a phone android.
The connection is good but the latency between camera and display is far too large and makes the camera almost unexploitable ...
What to understand? The camera has an instant link with the ST16 ...

What model phone?
Maybe it is older hardware vs newer hardware of the phone .... Cause mine seems fine,

Actually, I bought a low-end phone that receives Wifi 5.8,
This could be the reason for this very very slow connection with the CGO3 +?

Can you confirm that you have real-time control of the camera on a smartphone?

Will do tonight for you
I'm in Australia

So I tested with an iPhone 7 plus.
It connected fine.
There is a slight delay.
Less than 1/2 second I reckon.
So yes there is a delay.
If I was traveling at 60mph and I was driving through the camera...... Yes I would die.
But just walking around it is more than adequate.

I used the CGO3 app, sync camera to cell phone thru wifi then go to app
mine works
where did you download the app? i see it on many "iffy" websites for download but afraid to it will have malware. is there a REAL yuneec download site? if so, can you add a link? also, will it work with a nook? thanks.

There is a great variation of success with the Android version working on specific phone/tablet models. If the version
currently on Google Play will not properly connect to the camera, it is quite likely that the current "0062" version of the
app that is causing the failure. The solution is to do a Google search for the APK file for the version of the CGO3 app
that ends in "0057" not the current "0062" version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone