Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 camera tilting motor issue

Reaction score
When I'm tilting the camera on the Typhoon 4k up and down it always goes past the stop point I had intended. It takes me a number of tries to feather the tilt selector switch to align the shot the way I want. Does anyone know how to keep the camera from sliding past the point you wanted it to stop? Many thanks for any and all help.

I have the same problem, I think it's something we just need to get used to anticipating.

Step 2)
Place the TYPHOON or the SteadyGrip on a level and stable surface then slide the
power switch to the ‘ON’ position.
DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE THE
TYPHOON or SteadyGrip UNTIL THE INITIALIZATION PROCESS IS COMPLETE.
The
Main LED Status Indicator on the bottom of the TYPHOON, not at the SteadyGrip, will show one
of the following indications when initialization is complete

I have the same problem, I think it's something we just need to get used to anticipating.
thanks my friend. I was hoping it was just me..hehe..surely there has to be a fix for this. that is to say wherever yu stop the tilt lever, that's where the camera should remain without continuing past that point..which is somewhat annoying from 300ft in the air..

Reactions: CanuckCal
For some reason, after I bought a second Typhoon with the CGO3, both of my gimbals started acting crazy. They would point straight up, way crooked, or look to the side at the landing gear. Sometimes the camera would have a mind of it's own, moving at high angles and turning on it's own in flight. This leave it level after turning on procedure did nothing for me. After calling Yuneec, I learned that there's a hard to see RESET button on the camera, and pushing it after turning the camera on fixed all the craziness.

Reactions: Harpo
After calling Yuneec, I learned that there's a hard to see RESET button on the camera, and pushing it after turning the camera on fixed all the craziness.

Where is this reset button on the CGO3 ? I looked at it closely with a flashlight and cannot see one.

Where is this reset button on the CGO3 ? I looked at it closely with a flashlight and cannot see one.
There's 2 buttons side by side, right next to the SD card slot. Get the camera/gimbal powered on, then push the button with the arrow, and turn it off. The buttons are recessed, so you'll need a toothpick or small point pen to press it. I've found that my camera keeps getting tilted after awhile, but pushing this button makes it correct itself for quite awhile. I believe that what's wrong with mine is, I accidentally took off with the camera cover on once, and it was trying to move the whole time, stripping out things inside the gimbal.

Reactions: Brenakie
For some reason, after I bought a second Typhoon with the CGO3, both of my gimbals started acting crazy. They would point straight up, way crooked, or look to the side at the landing gear. Sometimes the camera would have a mind of it's own, moving at high angles and turning on it's own in flight. This leave it level after turning on procedure did nothing for me. After calling Yuneec, I learned that there's a hard to see RESET button on the camera, and pushing it after turning the camera on fixed all the craziness.

My camera would not hold the horizon over 70% of the time. I made sure I waited for all boot ups to finish, hovered for at least 10 seconds about 10 feet off the ground before ascending and launched from my hard case that I leveled carefully and had no tall grass or other obstructions touching the camera and gimbal on takeoff. All of these were tips I learned here. Still had trouble with the horizon going tilted when yawing. I tried the reset button described here, which I had not discovered even existed before. This seems to have fixed the problem almost entirely. Might still be slightly tilted every now and then but definitely way better! Thanks for the info!

Temporarily seemed fixed... Sending back for re-calibration today. I just can't shoot fine for a couple minutes then have to land and reboot, push reset and then launch again. Hopefully will be good when I get it back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval