Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ camera view on ST16 black

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to flying, have about 20 flights total thus far and not too experienced at troubleshooting hence my Q: I can see all my camera's settings on my ST16, everything's connected fine but the camera view shows as pure black. Yes, the camera cover is off. I go through the binding process and everything looks right except no camera view on my screen. Before this happened, I took off without an SD card and my view was fine and normal. After realizing my error, I landed and powered-down the drone but kept the ST16 on and inserted the card. Then I cleaned to lens cover of the camera with my shirt, not pressing too hard while tilting the aircraft past a 45 angle. I mention all circumstances in case a more experienced pilot recognizes this as a calibration error or something about cleaning the camera. Please help.

Couple of things to start with:
Is your kit still under warranty?
The symptoms you describe are most likely to be in the camera, but there is a possibility that it may be in the controller. Some comparative troubleshooting would be great.
Do you have access to another camera you can try?
Do you have access to another controller you can try?
Can you use the Smartphone CGo3 APP to access the camera?
If not, at least you can try to see if the camera is producing video. Make a recording, or a few snapshots, then put the SD card in a computer to see if anything showed up. That will tell us something about where to start.
Do you have a green LED showing on the front of the camera ball? Is it steady or is it flashing? Or something else?

The black screen "implies" the camera WiFi is at least transmitting. If not, the ST16 screen would show the background instead of a black screen. I also interpret one of your comments to be that the camera ID was showing up on the bind screen, which again implies the camera is powering up and transmitting signal.

The camera controls (left side of screen) come from the ST16, not the camera.
The camera settings ICON (lower right corner) is only active if the camera is alive.
Do you have both?
If the "settings" icon is active, have you tried the "Reset Camera" in that menu?

Last edited:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Power everything down and use the release tab to slide the camera off, then back on again. See what happens and let us know. If that doesn’t work we’ll try other things.

Power everything down and use the release tab to slide the camera off, then back on again. See what happens and let us know. If that doesn’t work we’ll try other things.
Sorry for the delayed response. The problem was that my company recently mandated that all external memory devices be encrypted with a password, including my drone SD cards, hence the drone and ST16 couldn't read it. Got rid of encryption, problem solved. Thanks for your time and responses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt