Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ fisheye effect

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Yuneec Typhoon H480 us version with a CGO3+ camera. I taked some photos with it and watched that the photos have a fisheye effect.
Is it commonly that CGO3+ makes fisheye effect ?

I read that there are several different fovs on the CGO3+ cameras, so can the larger fov be the reason to fisheye effect and what fov degree have the us version CGO3+ ?
Attached the photo, you can see that it has a curved horizon.YUN00003_horizon.jpg

To my knowledge there were two different lenses. The original had 115 degree FOV and the other was a 98 degree FOV. Both will result in a curved horizon. If the horizon is aligned with the centerline of the lens it is less noticeable. The farther it is from centerline the more pronounced the curvature is. You get the same effect in any wide field lens.

Ok, so this is normal and the CGO3+ works as it should work.
There is huge differents between my Dji Phantom 3 Professional (94° fov) and Typhoon H480, Phantom 3 Pro does not have any fisheye effect regardless of centerline of the lens.

Ok, so this is normal and the CGO3+ works as it should work.
There is huge differents between my Dji Phantom 3 Professional (94° fov) and Typhoon H480, Phantom 3 Pro does not have any fisheye effect regardless of centerline of the lens.
They may have lens correction built into the camera capture firmware on the P3P. I believe I have seen some lens profiles for the CGO3+ for use in Lightroom and Photoshop. I believe they were not very expensive. If they were free I would have archived them for the forum.

Is the picture you posted a composite of several photos?
No, the picture is cropped from one picture. It is the horizon of the picture.

They may have lens correction built into the camera capture firmware on the P3P. I believe I have seen some lens profiles for the CGO3+ for use in Lightroom and Photoshop. I believe they were not very expensive. If they were free I would have archived them for the forum.
Yes, it can be that there is a lens correction built into the camera capture firmware on the P3P. If you know, how I can fix the fisheye effect of the horizon from pictures and how I can fix the fisheye effect from videos with Adobe Premiere Elements, Photoshop Elements or Gimp, I am glad to heard that.

IMHO this is not so bad. ;)
One of the last moded camerasYUN00012.jpg.

Corrected in the IrfanView with "8BF perspective transformations..." filter.

The quality is acceptable.View attachment 26577
Thanks for your answer and sorry about my late answer.

I checked that Irfanview filter and it corrects fisheye well.
Photoshop Elements has also similar filter, it can be found at "Filter" -> "Correct Camera Distortion" and here is "Remove Distortion" slider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval