Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ lens replacement adventures

Slightly off topic, but still. When at first i was unable to properly align and focus the pixAero 6mm i made an emotional purchase and ordered the Peau 8.33. Yesterday i installed it. To my surprise it didn't need the sticky-tape trickery. And while it also has some extreme-edge softness, the detail level on this thing is amazing and puts the pixAero 6mm standing ashamed in the corner.
That's really interesting. Can you post some hi-res photos? Is the gimbal able to hold the camera steady enough for 4k video with the 8.33?

Attached one full-res image processed to my liking.

Gimbal seems to hold it steady *enough*, but it's not smooth anymore and definitely will need stabilization in post-processing. That's one thing i need to try if or how well it will work. I'll let you know or post a sample when i'm done. However if you look at Peau's own sample clips they're great, so the problem is probably solvable.

For stills it's a non-issue within certain exposure time boundaries.

Also there will be issues with follow me / watch me as it seems to be optimized for a wider angle and tends to put the subject out of the frame. Same with orbit, but there you could probably manually match the yaw rate of the camera with the orbiting speed of the bird, because in other gimbal modes it seemed to lag behind. Haven't tested the CCC yet, but again when planning the flight one will need to accommodate for the narrower angle.

Attachments

• DSC_2018142_1658.00020.jpg
    DSC_2018142_1658.00020.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 27
Slightly off topic, but still. When at first i was unable to properly align and focus the pixAero 6mm i made an emotional purchase and ordered the Peau 8.33. Yesterday i installed it. To my surprise it didn't need the sticky-tape trickery. And while it also has some extreme-edge softness, the detail level on this thing is amazing and puts the pixAero 6mm standing ashamed in the corner.

Not off-topic at all... As CD has been fighting with my PixAero 6mm and I have subsequently sent them back my own previously installed Peau 8.25, this should give them some additional examples of peoples' experience with both. My last instructions to CD was "At this point I do not care which lens I end up with. Test both and send camera back with the better of the two."

Well, "off topic" because initially the topic was about me having the problems with camera not starting. I've changed the subject since :)

And i've written everywhere 8.33, but actually i meant the Peau 8.25. Mixed up numbers a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio