Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 not straight

Reaction score
Well it finally happened. I crashed my Q500 4K and have been able to repair or replace everything needed. It will fly great with no problems at all, but I still am having a problem with my camera. It will communicate and take great stills and video.
I am having problems with the camera not staying aligned. It moves to about 45° off. It will still go up-and-down just fine. I've tried everything I know, even opening up the case and checking everything. It all looks fine inside. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

Well it finally happened. I crashed my Q500 4K and have been able to repair or replace everything needed. It will fly great with no problems at all, but I still am having a problem with my camera. It will communicate and take great stills and video.
I am having problems with the camera not staying aligned. It moves to about 45° off. It will still go up-and-down just fine. I've tried everything I know, even opening up the case and checking everything. It all looks fine inside. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.
I know you probably don't want to hear this but it probably needs to be re calibrated which means sending it back to Yuneec....sorry.

I am having problems with the camera not staying aligned. It moves to about 45° off. It will still go up-and-down just fine. I've tried everything I know, even opening up the case and checking everything. It all looks fine inside. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.[/QUOT

I haven't crashed my Q500 4K (yet), but have noticed that the CGO3 camera sometimes has a tilt. I was reading another thread someplace and it mentioned making sure the quad was on a level surface when turning it on as the camera does calibrate during that start up phase. If it starts up on an uneven surface then the camera could have a tilt. I haven't proven or dis-proven this theory yet but it sounds somewhat logical. I'm going to try a start up on an uneven surface and then a level surface and see if i can replicate the issue.

I try it on a even place but still sometimes it tilts. so when I turn it on I look at the camera.If its tilted I turn off the bird then turn it
back on and it seems to do the trick. But when I fly it out
1000ft.+ and loose wifi single when it come back on sometimes
its tilted again. ???? pain in the ***. I wish this would not happen.

I agree with you Ed. Seem like Yuneec would publish something on this subject since there seem to be enough users commenting on it. Is this limited to the CGO3 camera or does anyone know if this also happens with the earlier CGO's?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval