Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 Q500 angles to the left

Reaction score
When I first start up my Q500 the camera is aligned correctly. My problem is that as soon as I use my left stick control to rotate the drone clock wise or conter clock wise the camera titles to the left so the picture/video is titled (looks like to me) about 20 degrees.
So of course it is no longer taking level shots of the horizon. see picture below.
angleCGO3.png
Anyone have any idea how to fix the odd happening? Please help. Thanks to everyone for all your help.
Jesse

The CGo3 tilt comes in a couple patterns. The strangest one is related to Q500 direction. The camera will be level when the drone is pointed either north or south. It will lean to the right when drone is pointed west, and will lean to the left when pointed east. This can SOMETIMES be corrected by compass calibration. Others have mentioned the issue goes away by itself over time.
It may be necessary to send the camera for calibration.

The CGo3 tilt comes in a couple patterns. The strangest one is related to Q500 direction. The camera will be level when the drone is pointed either north or south. It will lean to the right when drone is pointed west, and will lean to the left when pointed east. This can SOMETIMES be corrected by compass calibration. Others have mentioned the issue goes away by itself over time.
It may be necessary to send the camera for calibration.
Hi all.
I recently purchased a Q500 4K and noticed an issue with camera tilt.
The tilt occurs periodically, not always. Depending on the side, the tilt disappears, as if the platform has lost its gyroscope, if it has one. Sometimes this problem does not exist.
I have found many similar problems and what you describe is exactly what is needed.
I have experience working with this type of technology. How can I fix this myself or how can I fix it?

I think this is a firmware problem. Hardware errors are more persistent. Is there firmware via UART or some other method?

Yes, the gimbal board has a serial port but I didn't found a way to flash FW over this connection. If someone knows I would be happy.

But I believe this not a FW problem, or with other word it could not solved with current available FW (and there will not be an update anymore). It looks like the calibration of the IMU is not good. Unfortunately there is no calibration foreseen. IMU is an MPU6050 that is known for aging.
One procedure that sometimes help is to put the camera in an extreme position (maximal angle), hold it there and switch on the drone. Then switch off and switch on again to let it normal leveling. Maybe this initiate a new IMU calibration.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop