Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Stock Camera Mod

From my phone at least, that looks boss!

Did you add any edge effects because the clouds look almost like they are tunneling in, in a good way. Also, is that ND filter polarizing because you have nice separating and saturation of both the grass and the blue sky and white clouds?

What frame rate and shutter speed did you manage with that ND4?

My guess would be with just an ND4 that you had to have a quick shutter but from my phone at least, it looks smooth and silky.

Hi, I used no effects whatsoever, no adjustments. The light yesterday was fantastic at the location. It was just a straight Polar Pro ND4 filter, no polarisation.Gorgeous setting, White Balance set to Sunny, ISO 100, Shutter Speed 320, no compensation. I did try messing with image settings in Premiere Pro, but I could not improve what came out of the camera.

Hi, I used no effects whatsoever, no adjustments. The light yesterday was fantastic at the location. It was just a straight Polar Pro ND4 filter, no polarisation.Gorgeous setting, White Balance set to Sunny, ISO 100, Shutter Speed 320, no compensation. I did try messing with image settings in Premiere Pro, but I could not improve what came out of the camera.
Yeah, your shutter speed was so high because it needed an ND8 at least (since we have fixed apparatuses) but as I said it looked smooth with motion blur that you usually only get at the lower shutter speeds. You should have it down to about 60 which you would with an nd8 or 16.

Adding motion blur helps it looks cinematic but it looks great, as I said from my phone, will check it on TV later. Good stuff!

Yeah, your shutter speed was so high because it needed an ND8 at least (since we have fixed apparatuses) but as I said it looked smooth with motion blur that you usually only get at the lower shutter speeds. You should have it down to about 60 which you would with an nd8 or 16.

Adding motion blur helps it looks cinematic but it looks great, as I said from my phone, will check it on TV later. Good stuff!

I am still getting my head around the manual settings. I did try setting my shutter speed down to 60 previously, but the I found the motion blur was very bad and I didn't like the look. This was before I refocused the lens, so the image was already on the soft side anyway. Now I'm happy with sharpness of my CGO3+ I will experiment with the slower shutter speed again. The video was the first proper flight I had since refocusing and went with the intention of comparing the footage from the Typhoon H against my GoPro Hero 4 Black on my Sky Hero Little Spyder. Unfortunately it clouded over before I could get the Little Spyder airborne and I lost the moment when the quality of light had been so good.

I am still getting my head around the manual settings. I did try setting my shutter speed down to 60 previously, but the I found the motion blur was very bad and I didn't like the look. This was before I refocused the lens, so the image was already on the soft side anyway. Now I'm happy with sharpness of my CGO3+ I will experiment with the slower shutter speed again. The video was the first proper flight I had since refocusing and went with the intention of comparing the footage from the Typhoon H against my GoPro Hero 4 Black on my Sky Hero Little Spyder. Unfortunately it clouded over before I could get the Little Spyder airborne and I lost the moment when the quality of light had been so good.
You shouldn't have gone to a slower shutter speed though because, again, from my phone, the exposure looked fine.

You want to keep your ISO at no greater than 200 and try for 100 and then alter the shutter speed until you hve the proper exposure.

Outside of changing the iris, you have to step the exposure instead of by changing the f-stop, by changing the ND filter until you are closer to 1/60th (60) of a second so you have a longer exposure but with proper light getting through.

If you went much slower with that ND4, too much light would get in and you would over expose. If you had an ND8 or 16 on there, you could drop the shutter.

The other side of it is maybe for that type of vista, you are perfectly content with sharp, rather than smooth cinema like visuals. It all depends on what you want and that looks good to me. (Again from my phone ;) )

Silvia from West Germany

Here is a link to one of Bo's videos you can follow

serious note from this video.
My h pro did not have this lens mount. IT had the 13mm smooth bore. This is not too adjustable. Since I ordered the peau 8.25 fl lens, and it won't be in until 15th, i had them send me the new mount 12mm. I removed old mount replaced it, not too bad. I thought i'd use the old lens to check it out. Slight problem, thread on "new yuneec lens" was about 12.25mm. I had to carefully remove the .25mm from the threads ( i have a special thread shrinker). With that done, i can adjust focus and it works well. Additional note, I put in a fpv $3.00 lens, and the pix and videos while focused were pink!!. Maybe Derstig can provide the physics of the lens changes that caused that or refer me to a reference that mechanical engineers can understand!

Here my poor result with the 3,97 mm Peau Lens and mount

Very nice!
I notice that the lens is a little soft in the corners, but super crisp for the most part.
I am definitely putting one of those lenses on my wish list.
My main decision now is whether I want to install the lens myself or have Peau do it for me.
Once I get my camera back from refocusing at Yunnec, I will check to see if I have the threaded or smooth shank.

Also, which should I choose, no filter or the version with the Visible Light (IR Cut) Filter
I typically use a Polar Pro ND Filter, so my guess would be the no filter version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blade
Also, which should I choose, no filter or the version with the Visible Light (IR Cut) Filter I typically use a Polar Pro ND Filter, so my guess would be the no filter version.

You need the IR cut version of the lens. without it you will have a mostly purple image

You need the IR cut version of the lens. without it you will have a mostly purple image
Can I still use my ND4, 8 & 16 filters with the IR cut version?

Good thing Jussaguy cleared up the technobabble with multiple disjointed soliloquys full of photography acronyms and a stream of photo's that don't show side by side comparisons nor seem to have any logical flow. The dude is all over the place.
My suggestion is to get your new lense and whatever else...your 8.25's, etc., post a couple (only please) and explain the difference in one concise post...I mean jeez my head is spinning and I've totally lost interest in the conversation. I think I'm just going to fly my bird and take some awesome 4K video and stills with what came in the box!

Good thing Jussaguy cleared up the technobabble with multiple disjointed soliloquys full of photography acronyms and a stream of photo's that don't show side by side comparisons nor seem to have any logical flow. The dude is all over the place.
My suggestion is to get your new lense and whatever else...your 8.25's, etc., post a couple (only please) and explain the difference in one concise post...I mean jeez my head is spinning and I've totally lost interest in the conversation. I think I'm just going to fly my bird and take some awesome 4K video and stills with what came in the box!
Fair enough brother. I am about to go through some major mods on my cam actually and I will post all the results, I promise.

You would definitely not be the first person to fault me of being long winded but I am working on it and I apologize if I lent any confusion to you. I will try and be more concise. I always am. I suffer from pretty bad ADD and general anxiety which is a bad combination as it makes me manic and sometimes non-sensical but I am always a work in progress. I appreciate the criticism and will try and show you the results. I am about to send it off soon. I might have changed my mind on the lens I will be posting from. Amazed at some of the stuff that you guys have been posting over the months. I've been lurking but am just getting back into my Typhoon H.

Thanks.

Adam

Reactions: ChadCloses
I have the peau 8.25 lens, and installed it myself. You just have to be careful when removing (epoxy?) holding the non thread yuneec mount. If you scrape with exacto and remove two screws , you can then mount the new (required 12mm mount). I had difficulty focusing, and with help from peau, they focused with proper equipment and got it right on. As soon as i can get 4k video on, i'll upload some vids at our flying field, which is next to wetlands field. I got really goodpix of birds bursting out of water when h flew close to them. (400 feet in alt 1/2 mile away). Good pix of keyhole lakes and a video later today. No processing of the pix or videos. I also have an extra camera for the original yuneec lens that works well, but I really like the narrow angle lens.
Regards to all Dick bottos

Reactions: Jussaguy
I have the peau 8.25 lens, and installed it myself. You just have to be careful when removing (epoxy?) holding the non thread yuneec mount. If you scrape with exacto and remove two screws , you can then mount the new (required 12mm mount). I had difficulty focusing, and with help from peau, they focused with proper equipment and got it right on. As soon as i can get 4k video on, i'll upload some vids at our flying field, which is next to wetlands field. I got really goodpix of birds bursting out of water when h flew close to them. (400 feet in alt 1/2 mile away). Good pix of keyhole lakes and a video later today. No processing of the pix or videos. I also have an extra camera for the original yuneec lens that works well, but I really like the narrow angle lens.
Regards to all Dick bottos
Awesome! Would love to see those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval