Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ two long beeps and one short beep

Reaction score
Hello my new Yuneec family. First of all, I just want to say thank you so much for having a lot of these solutions available on this site. I have done a lot of research to see if I can find a solution for my Yuneec 480 CGo3+ Gimbal acting erratic and coming up with these 2 long beeps and a short one, pause, repeat (video included) when I turned it on, but I feel like I have to a dead end, so to speak.

Based on the “CGo3+ Gimbal Board Connections “, found here, it says that it is the Pitch (tilt) Encoder.

Just in case, I have updated both the ST16 controller st16_system_v03.01.b30, and aircraft Autopilot Version: and the Aircraft Autopilot Version: v1.35 TyphoonH, gimbal Version: V1.25 as indicated on previous posts.

I do get video feed on the controller, so I know it is not the camera. I can’t pan or tilt the gimbal from the controller ST16. It just doesn’t do anything.

Although I have taken it apart to see if there are any magnetic residual based on some previous posted photos, but I don’t see anything out of the ordinary (see pictures). So I have two quick questions?
  • I have checked Yuneecskins website to see if I can order that part, but it is out of stock. Is there any other place that may sell these parts? I have tried Ebay, but they don’t have, either.
  • My other idea would be if I should try to see if I can test to see if there is any continuity from either a transistor or capacitor, but I will be trying something new there.
Any help and/or guidance is highly appreciated, and thank you so much for your postings. I have learned a lot from seeing all of these troubleshooting tips.
Pitch (tilt) Encoder.JPGRoll Encoder.JPGYaw Encoder.JPGCGo3+ Gimbal beep sounds video

Check the magnet strength and compare it with the roll one. Don't move the magnets for now. There was a topic with a similar problem. Read how the owner fixed it.

..... My other idea would be if I should try to see if I can test to see if there is any continuity from either a transistor or capacitor, but I will be trying something new there.
Damaged encoder wiring usually follows a crash, but it is still worth checking the continuity. There are other ways the wiring can go bad.

It would also be a good idea to do a second check of the pitch encoder magnet before dismissing the magnet as a culprit. You can use something like a small screwdriver to get an idea of how strong the magnet is. Touch the pitch magnet and see how strong it is. Then touch the roll magnet to compare. They should have the same strength.

Check the magnet strength and compare it with the roll one. Don't move the magnets for now. There was a topic with a similar problem. Read how the owner fixed it.
Thanks Valkin, I am going to try that. I will post my findings.

Damaged encoder wiring usually follows a crash, but it is still worth checking the continuity. There are other ways the wiring can go bad.

It would also be a good idea to do a second check of the pitch encoder magnet before dismissing the magnet as a culprit. You can use something like a small screwdriver to get an idea of how strong the magnet is. Touch the pitch magnet and see how strong it is. Then touch the roll magnet to compare. They should have the same strength.
Hhhmmm, I will try that approach, and if it is the magnet?

What happened was that I turned it on while it had the gimbal protective cap on. I forgot to remove it. I know I know

What happened was that I turned it on while it had the gimbal protective cap on. I forgot to remove it. I know I know
and if it is the magnet?
If you happen to have a damaged camera with the same magnet, you could try swapping it. CGo3, C23, E90, etc. use the same pitch magnet. Sometimes just swapping the magnet works. Otherwise, you could send it to John Mitchell.

What happened was that I turned it on while it had the gimbal protective cap on.
It would be surprising if the gimbal cap incident caused the problem. But anything is possible.

What do you turned? Any misplaced magnet will generate a crazy movement of the whole nimble. If the misplaced is a little bit only, the gimbal will wobble in this direction. If you turn more than one magnet, you will not have a chance to repair the gimbal with simple steps.

and if it is the magnet?
If you happen to have a damaged camera with the same magnet, you could try swapping it. CGo3, C23, E90, etc. use the same pitch magnet. Sometimes just swapping the magnet works. Otherwise, you could send it to John Mitchell.

What happened was that I turned it on while it had the gimbal protective cap on.
It would be surprising if the gimbal cap incident caused the problem. But anything is possible.
True! But also that I haven’t used flown that drone close to a year. I did, however, would turn it on and off, here and there, test the camera, and update anything, but Yuneec completely took down their legacy products down like the H480. I made sure everything was working properly. just in case to make sure the battery would stay healthy. I don’t know I am just going through this process of elimination trying to narrow and isolate the issue. Again thanks. Will follow up.

Reactions: WTFDproject
What do you turned? Any misplaced magnet will generate a crazy movement of the whole nimble. If the misplaced is a little bit only, the gimbal will wobble in this direction. If you turn more than one magnet, you will not have a chance to repair the gimbal with simple steps.
I turned drone on while it had the protective plastic cap on the gimbal.

Just in case, I did turned the ST16 controller on first, then the drone like I usually do, but I didn’t realized that I forgot to remove that plastic protective cap off from the gimbal.

On the forum is available calibration software, which is still not checked thoroughly by the public. If you have enough computer skills, some spare time and so on, we can discuss this approach too. In any case, a new magnet probably will be necessary...

On the forum is available calibration software, which is still not checked thoroughly by the public. If you have enough computer skills, some spare time and so on, we can discuss this approach too. In any case, a new magnet probably will be necessary...
Oh yeah! I have computer skills. Not only I have a degree in information systems, I also build my own computers.

Reactions: Vaklin
Somewhere here was the software. It should be used to CGO3+ via level converter or USB UART. The camera itself should be powered as usually, the communication lines are 3.3 volts. 57600 8N1 if you want to listen to the communication. Will be reasonable to reverse the software and prepare your own.

I still didn't test it but the idea is known. In discussion, we will get progress.

This is the reason to got an error beep? No way to be tied together...
True, but just going through “ What if “ scenarios. Trying not to discount any possibilities. I have attached a picture of the ST16 firmware.
C8448839-F296-4CC1-9D9F-86D731F7F57D.jpeg

Somewhere here was the software. It should be used to CGO3+ via level converter or USB UART. The camera itself should be powered as usually, the communication lines are 3.3 volts. 57600 8N1 if you want to listen to the communication. Will be reasonable to reverse the software and prepare your own.

I still didn't test it but the idea is known. In discussion, we will get progress.
Oh okay, I think I read that somewhere. I could look into that, as well. I wanted to do that last week, but wanted to check here in case somebody gave me a different solution. Thanks again.

Oh okay, I think I read that somewhere. I could look into that, as well. I wanted to do that last week, but wanted to check here in case somebody gave me a different solution. Thanks again.
Before you gonna out the error code no reason to try any software.

The software calibrates but doesn't cure.

Trying, but losing faith. 😂
I have dissected this drone a few times already, I feel like I should change career and become a brain surgeon 😂. Sorry, but either tomorrow or next week I should try other new procedures. Thank you Vaklin for your help. Much appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop