Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo3+ upgrade

Have you fitted the new lens holder? If so is it difficult to carry out?
Hi yes you have to fit the lens holder on the pro version as there is no thread on the original. It was a but scary as the original is clued in, but it will pull off with a bit of force. Cleaned as much of the old clue off as I dared as it is on the main camera board. Installed the new lens (PTFE tape). Then did the focus tests taking jpg and checking with each adjustment in order to get the sweet spot. At least is I now need to change the lens in the future I will be very easy. Just need to be methodical and work slowly ( hard for me) should have took photos to show people but I was bricking it at the time incase I damaged the unit.

Hi yes you have to fit the lens holder on the pro version as there is no thread on the original. It was a but scary as the original is clued in, but it will pull off with a bit of force. Cleaned as much of the old clue off as I dared as it is on the main camera board. Installed the new lens (PTFE tape). Then did the focus tests taking jpg and checking with each adjustment in order to get the sweet spot. At least is I now need to change the lens in the future I will be very easy. Just need to be methodical and work slowly ( hard for me) should have took photos to show people but I was bricking it at the time incase I damaged the unit.

How did you fix the new lens holder - glue or screw? Did it fit flat with guiding lugs?

I just refitted with the two screws at the back of the board. The lugs on the side are just on the main cover held by 4 screws. Essentially the same as fpvguy lens swap apart from the lens holder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital