Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo3+ upgrade

Sorry David but I have both grasses and the P4 grass is greener. I actually have two Hs and I love the H. So much fun to fly but I agree, as do many others that the factory lens inside the cam is an issue. It an an optics problem and there are ways to fix this.

If you are handy, there are companies right now developing and have developed replacement lens for the actual CGO3+ camera.

It's sort of funny that I read this as I logged on today because I came on to start a thread that will chronicle my diving into just that. My second unit that I got from Yuneec that has yet to be flown to take a frame of video or a picture, will be used exclusively as a comparison for this company that I trust with optics over most to do my mod. I won't lay it all out here because I am about to start a thread that I will use and keep going back to as we move through the process of changing out the lens.

I will place a link here to that thread once I have created it (it will have much more info than I just gave).
I look forward to reading that post.

Bill W.

Reactions: Jussaguy
I have ordered the pixaero lens, waiting for it to get through UK customs. Then fit it and set up. Hopefully it is an improvement on the current lens.

I also woould like to know the results with that pixaero lens from Russia. i would like to order it also.
The russians are well known for making high quality lenses. (my other hobby is astronomy, and russian telesopes are very good)
Marnix

IMG_20160923_170355.jpg It's here and it even comes with a new mount, which makes it a lot better value than the other brand,

Seems well made, metal body. Quality will only tell once fitted and focused. Narrower FOV than the UK stock lens (115) @ 98 so should be an improvement there with less distortion. Unfortunately difficult to do a direct comparison as I only have the one H and would not be the same if light conditions etc are different.

The russians are well known for making high quality lenses.

Well they are known for making lenses, and as a whole are pretty hit or miss. while there are a few good lenses most russian lens are inferior copies of other lenses.

Lot's of people make lenses on a few make them well. (Ziess, Schnieder, Leitz, Fujinon, Cooke, Nikon and a few Canons with Samyang coming on strong) I am NOT a fan of Angeniux lenses which is what most Russian lenses are based on

Just because someone says the inspire x5 is better than the H camera, (which it most definitely is) doesn't mean they are DJI fans they are just in the real world.

Reactions: DerStig
Think I have managed to focus the pixaero, unfortunately wind gusts of 30-40 have grounded me so far.

Reactions: abinder

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430