Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 vs CGO3+

CGO3+ will not work on Q500. The ST10 is not prepared to receive 720p video signal.
The CGO3+ has a 360° pan angle. The Q500 cannot control this. It's not clear in what direction the camera is looking. Maybe the cam is rotating or take a random angle.
Power and tilt may working, never tested this. My Q500 has no contacts on the mounting plate, only the black wire.
br HE

CGO3+ will not work on Q500. The ST10 is not prepared to receive 720p video signal.
The CGO3+ has a 360° pan angle. The Q500 cannot control this. It's not clear in what direction the camera is looking. Maybe the cam is rotating or take a random angle.
Power and tilt may working, never tested this. My Q500 has no contacts on the mounting plate, only the black wire.
br HE

Video functions will work same as CGo3.
Camera will stabilize straight ahead and level.
TILT WILL NOT WORK.
Camera mount requires a slight modification to slide on.
It's a little too tall for the Q500, not much ground clearance.
Will only work on Q500 4k type "hotshoe" mount, or will require a mod to add a pigtail connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkySpy
If I connect the CGO3+ to st10+ I get a picture but it's not usable. Only some frames like a slide show and with a lot of artefacts and green drops.

My ST10+ is not really capable to receive the 720p RTSP stream.

br HE

If I connect the CGO3+ to st10+ I get a picture but it's not usable. Only some frames like a slide show and with a lot of artefacts and green drops.

My ST10+ is not really capable to receive the 720p RTSP stream.

br HE
You may be absolutely right. It occurs to me that after I realized I could not use the tilt, I never tried to record anything. I never get good images from the ST-10, even on CG03. But I need to see if pics and video record on the camera card. I will do that later this evening. Working on another issue right now.

UPDATED ~20:15 (GMT-5)
Recorded some video and stills while in flight. Resolution was set at 1920x1080x30fps, recording in jpg. (That may not be a challenging test). Camera is a CGo3+ mounted on a Q500 4k. Controller is an ST-10+. At least at these settings, the video and stills from the camera card look the same as when using a CGo3. The AVC files from the ST-10+ also looked the same as when recording with a CG03. Resolution is very poor from the ST-10+ card, but the video had no halts or unusual artifacts. I recorded one segment of about 8 minutes. The card in the camera split it into 5 min and 3 min, as is normal. The AVC file in the ST-10+ held the entire 8 minutes as one clip. A lousy clip, to be sure, but it was one clip.
It is too dark to fly here now. I will set the camera to a higher setting, and maybe do DNG for the stills, and record some clips indoors. I'll post the results in a little while.

UPDATED ~21:45 (GMT-5)
Recorded more video and stills, this time indoors. I don’t have any recordings from a CGo3 at these settings, so this is more of an observation than a comparison.
First set was with resolution was set to 4096x2160x25fps, with photo mode intentionally set to jpg. Files from the camera card looked normal, with the same division of the video clip at 5 min. The AVC file from the ST-10+ looked better than the equivalent from the lower settings, but it was still of significantly reduced resolution compared to the camera card. There were still no artifacts or skips.
Second set was at 4096x2160x25fps, with the photo mode originally set to dng. I notice that after recording, the photo mode had reset itself to “jpg”, and the stills were captured as jpg. The still images from the camera card looked about normal for the lighting. The video was NOT acceptable on the camera card or on the ST-10+ card. Although the recording should have been for 8 min, there were a few seconds recorded, a halt, a restart for another few seconds, then nothing. The little that was present was pretty corrupted. It was the same for the camera card and for the ST-10+ card. I have no idea why the second set did not record. Since the camera apparently reset itself to “jpg”, it seems that this set should not have been different from the first. Yet it was.

Last edited:
Video functions will work same as CGo3.
Camera will stabilize straight ahead and level.
TILT WILL NOT WORK.
Camera mount requires a slight modification to slide on.
It's a little too tall for the Q500, not much ground clearance.
Will only work on Q500 4k type "hotshoe" mount, or will require a mod to add a pigtail connection.

Hello Tom! Yes, I just discovered this. I had contacted Peau Productions about changing the lens on my CGO3. They only modify the CGO3+. They explained these differences.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval