Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 Yaw Encoder

Reaction score
I cant seem to find a gimbal motor anywhere for my cgo3 that came with my q500 4k. At this point id be willing to send it to someone to have fixed. Any suggestions?

I cant seem to find a gimbal motor anywhere for my cgo3 that came with my q500 4k

That's due to the reason that you cannot replace them yourself. They have a ring magnet on top, which does not have a specific position. But still the position is necessary to allow the control board to recognize its current position. Therefore a callibration ist necessary. Unfortunatly it can only be done by a certified repair shop.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
So is that the reason why my camera just spin after a gimball motor replacement, I thought I may have resodered it in incorrectly,

So is that the reason why my camera just spin after a gimball motor replacement, I thought I may have resodered it in incorrectly,
Yes, that is exactly what happens when there is an offset between current position and estimated position.

The yaw encoder can be swapped out without a problem. Only Mainboard and Motors are impossible to be replaced.

I have the Calibration Software, but haven't had a chance to use it yet, I have been swamped in Parts & Repairs, I have around 20-CGO3's that look to be in perfect condition, you can email me, and I will check a few out, or I may be able to repair yours, but your looking at 2 to 3 weeks before getting it back...I do have new CGO3 parts if you find someone else who can repair it. [email protected]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop