Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3P over 25frames kills quality

Reaction score
after focused my lens on cgo3p I get an good image...but after some tests today I found out why my videos often ready for trash! I speaking about FullHD
25frames sharp
50frames unsharp
60frames unsharp
120frames crop and noisy

I call Yuneec and they told me 60frames are not allowed !

WHAAAAT ? :-D which drugs you use there ...wtf
a GoPro can this without loosing quality
Phantom can this without loosing quality
and much more cams can do this

and why are sometimes images with 100iso noisy...
I recognize with a GoPro you make better images then with this rubbish cam of the H

the only way to get perfect images is...record in 4K and converts to FullHD...but that's 25 frames no slomo possible.

maybe some other typhoon h pilot can test it too...if you rise frames in full hd from 25 to 50...the sharpness jump away ...

25frames

50frames

Last edited:
after focused my lens on cgo3p I get an good image...but after some tests today I found out why my videos often ready for trash! I speaking about FullHD
25frames sharp
50frames unsharp
60frames unsharp
120frames crop and noisy

I call Yuneec and they told me 60frames are not allowed !

which drugs you use there ...wtf
a GoPro can this without loosing quality
Phantom can this without loosing quality
and much more cams can do this

I have invest much in this bird
-typhoon h , st16 , wizard
-3 xtra batteries
-DBS itelite
-NDFilters
-backpack

and now I recognize with a GoPro you make better images then with this rubbish cam of the H?

the only way to get perfect images is...record in 4K and converts to FullHD...but that's 25 frames no slomo possible.

maybe some other typhoon h pilot can test it too...if you rise frames in full hd from 25 to 50...the sharpness jump away ...

video comes soon
My next drone is DJI P5

I recognize with a GoPro you make better images then with this rubbish cam of the H

But all the "Experts" here say the camera is just as good as the go pro and better than the others......

The camera is crap they made some VERY bad decisions when they designed it

I shoot everything in 4K at 24fps and I'm satisfied with the results but I haven't had a need for slo-mo.

The one thing I hate the most in action sports videos is the massive over use of slow motion in an attempt to generate artistic merit. It ruins more videos than it helps.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
The one thing I hate the most in action sports videos is the massive over use of slow motion in an attempt to generate artistic merit. It ruins more videos than it helps.

I guess you hate NFL films. Aside from "Wired for sound" we shoot everything off speed. Top camera runs 32-36fps for every play. Sideline cameras range from 36-150fps and end zone long lens runs 96-200fps

Reactions: eric bee
Correct, but I pay little attention to things like baseball, football, and similar "citizen diversion" sports.

Question: Why are you here? Thus far your posts are consistent in criticizing while providing little to assist others. Despite the claims of vast industry experience you offer virtually nothing to help others improve themselves in technique. Destructive over constructive seems to be your modus operandi. Nothing personal but one with your claimed level of experience could be well positioned to help others become better with the use of their equipment instead of constantly trying to disparage/diminish the equipment they have.

I want shoot in full hd and need the options for 60frames not only for slo-mo. If I do turn and so on I don't want miss frames because the shutter gets to fast. With GoPro it's possible too in all frame modes... But the typhoon h loose sharpness, and crop and destroy pic in 120.... So I would say YUNEEC lie us because they offer us official different frames. But it's useless if the quality gets rubbish after going higher then 25...

I have a question to the others H pilots, can you test it your own if you looks sharpness by switch from24/25/30 to 50/60...
Or is just my hardware again which have problems

I want shoot in full hd and need the options for 60frames not only for slo-mo. If I do turn and so on I don't want miss frames because the shutter gets to fast. With GoPro it's possible too in all frame modes... But the typhoon h loose sharpness, and crop and destroy pic in 120.... So I would say YUNEEC lie us because they offer us official different frames. But it's useless if the quality gets rubbish after going higher then 25...

I have a question to the others H pilots, can you test it your own if you looks sharpness by switch from24/25/30 to 50/60...
Or is just my hardware again which have problems

I shoot 1080p50 and the pictures are not degraded in any way. If you look at my 'Golf with an H' Vimeo posting judge from that on your viewing monitor. Caste Tech News on YT have some Peau Lens postings that are beautifully sharp in 1080p, check them out.
You need a known quality monitor to make any judgements.

lens is well focused ...maybe peau brings a little bit more ...but the main problem is that the 24,25,30 frames do sharp and in 48/50/60 it loose sharpness

seems I am alone with that problem... :(

lens is well focused ...maybe peau brings a little bit more ...but the main problem is that the 24,25,30 frames do sharp and in 48/50/60 it loose sharpness

seems I am alone with that problem... :(

Well I'm very picky and honestly the H 1080p pictures look fine on a well set up 4k Sony Bravia TV. To go beyond GoPro, x3 ,CGO3+ sort of basic quality you will need a bigger budget. If you want the absolute best for reasonable money a Tornado 920 with CGO4 or GH4 would be logical if you did not want to change manufacturer.

I know I can buy bigger systems like tornado, inspire x5, gh4 or Sony a7sII

but why it's not possible 60frames bring the Same results then 30frames ????

is the processor **** or Yuneec can't programm well?

I know I can buy bigger systems like tornado, inspire x5, gh4 or Sony a7sII

but why it's not possible 60frames bring the Same results then 30frames ????

is the processor **** or Yuneec can't programm well?

I feel the same as you Eric.

With my Phantom I always shot in 1080p @ 60 for the smoothest video when panning and it
always looked great in auto mode.

So that was my first setting when I got the H and I could not believe how soft
the picture looked like it was out of focus and the auto setting was terrible.

I tried other settings that were acceptable and using manual mode helped but in the
end I just got tired of fighting it so the H has been in the closet for the last month
as my Phantom is doing double duty.

I was waiting for Yuneec to correct things through firmware but they seem quiet about the problems
so the H will probably be for sale on Craigslist.

The H is a great bird but in the end its all about the camera!

I am getting excited on what DJI is going to offer in its upcoming release.

Last edited:
@Jimmylee

Thanks....there is one person who understand me. and I have thought I am again alone with that to see that...

yeah white balance is mostly bad and better shoot in manual, but that Yuneec make a difference in sharpness by frames make no big sense... it shows only the processor or the programmers are ....

i hope in next month for update

I'm with you on this. I haven't tested anything but 4K in 25 fps but for me even that is pretty poor, mainly white balance issues. I've had the Typhoon H since May and really hope Yuneec release a massive update for the camera soon as its just a lot of work to use and I feel more effort has to be put in to get the output anywhere near output from the DJI products.

I have a funny feeling that the only test the Typhoon H would actually beat a Phantom in is stability and smoothness when performing certain manoeuvres like an orbit. I uploaded a video from my Typhoon H yesterday which is primarily an orbit example and it is a near perfect orbit and more stable than orbits also on my Youtube done with a Phantom 3 Once the sun comes out again I am planning on taking both the Typhoon H and Phantom 3 to the same location and compare them alongside each other - although not literally. I flew both together once before and it did not make for the best radio reception on either device.

Last edited:
Reactions: eric bee
Eric, which firmware revision (and territory) are you running? 120fps was seriously degraded before the most recent update and the other modes seem to have improved slightly as well. It's hard to comment on the vdeos you've posted as YouTube re-encodes videos, so we've no idea what you actually get from the Typhoon.

It's also worth being clear about the exact problems we're talking about @sdharris starts talking about white balance issues which are very much a separate issue and relatively easily solved by staying away from the 'Auto' and 'Daylight/Cloudy' settings - use 'sunset' for a much more stable white balance which tends towards blue, though not as heavily as GoPro.

With sharpness in general, it will depend on the mode you shoot in - Gorgeous applies heavier sharpening and more saturation, Natural is weaker. Raw applies none at all. It may be that the mode you're shooting in is affecting your results. If you want top quality video you *must* shoot in raw and use a decent editor to post process your video - that will include adjusting saturation, curves, colour grading and sharpening the image to suit your tastes. On the whole the Tyhoon is not as good as GoPro (which is about the gold standard for this sort of budget action cam) if you rely on auto modes. However, if you use the raw stream and post-process, you can get very pleasing results.

Reactions: AML
cam v.3.2.07(A)

i will show it more clear the next days... of course I use manual settings. doesn't matter in which mode (natural, gorgeous, raw, night) I do the test.... when I switch to higher frame rates... it looses sharpness

cam v.3.2.07(A)

i will show it more clear the next days... of course I use manual settings. doesn't matter in which mode (natural, gorgeous, raw, night) I do the test.... when I switch to higher frame rates... it looses sharpness

Eric what video setting works best for you?

I use 3840 x 2160 @ 30 fps, Natural and manual settings

Then convert to 1080p with some post processing works best for me.

Can get some pretty decent video but still my Phantom fully auto beats it out of the box.

right...record in 4K and then to FullHD bring the sharpest image of video.

but I want too out of the box the same sharpness in 50/60frames like 25/30 in FullHD...I hope next update make it possible

if you look at a dji x3 the cam quality is much better

I like the concept of the H, but it's lousy builded, programmed...

5weeks,3birds,4cams was needed to have a working item. Yuneec service talking sometimes **** on phone. I have needed to change antenna and Refocus...

Reactions: Goh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval