Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3pro gimbal controls not working

Reaction score
Hi,
I just got a used H wich is new to me. When I start up the copter I can see the camera gimbel positioning the camera.
So the tilt and pan motors work. And the connection with the SR16 seems ok. I have image in the screen.
But I have no control from the SR16. No tilt and pan response in any switch positions.

Anyone have an idea what the problem is and how to solve?

Thanks

I just got a used H wich is new to me. When I start up the copter I can see the camera gimbel positioning the camera.
So the tilt and pan motors work. And the connection with the SR16 seems ok. I have image in the screen.
But I have no control from the SR16. No tilt and pan response in any switch positions.
Anyone have an idea what the problem is and how to solve?
You mentioned the H is new to you. Do you happen to have any recent history on the drone. Especially anything that may have happened between the last time the gimbal worked correctly and the first time it did not.
If no history is available and if the controller is properly bound, the next likely task would be to look for circuit interruptions.

Two of the four wires that run from the main drone board to the camera gimbal board are PWM wires. Both paths must have full contact for the manual tilt and pan to work. The most common problems are stuck contacts on the gimbal mount, a bad slip ring, or broken/corroded wires or contacts.

Mount Contacts: See Stuck Mount Contacts.pdf

Continuity between mainboard and gimbal board: See Typhoon H CG03+ Continuity.pdf

Slip Ring: CGo3+ Slip Ring Replacement.pdf

Thank you. Going to check these things.
You mentioned the H is new to you. Do you happen to have any recent history on the drone. Especially anything that may have happened between the last time the gimbal worked correctly and the first time it did not.
If no history is available and if the controller is properly bound, the next likely task would be to look for circuit interruptions.

Two of the four wires that run from the main drone board to the camera gimbal board are PWM wires. Both paths must have full contact for the manual tilt and pan to work. The most common problems are stuck contacts on the gimbal mount, a bad slip ring, or broken/corroded wires or contacts.

Continuity between mainboard and gimbal board. See Typhoon H CG03+ Continuity.pdf

Reactions: WTFDproject
What light pattern do you have on the Main LED below the battery bay?

Do you have telemetry on the left side of the ST16 - Volts, GPS, Sat, Pos, Alt, G-Spd, and Dis?

On the left upper corner is the camera mode switches. Try in a different position what happens. Check the final output monitor. It very unlike is to have bad communication between the copter and the gimbal. Of course, we can't reject this too, so check the pads and springs on the sliding connector. But first, check what the ST sends.

To check the signal that would be transmitted by the ST16 double tap the VOLTS on the upper left to bring up the final output display as seen below.
C7BF1AC5-AE45-4275-98A1-039E343B0BC0.jpeg

Place the Rate Slider in the full Rabbit position. Now observe the specified channels in the following list. Those channels should display the changes without affecting any other channels

CH7 Tilt Slider: full up (-100%), mid (0%), full down (100%)

CH8 Pan Knob: full left (100%), mid (0%), full right (-100%)

CH9 Tilt Mode Sw: up (10%), mid (10%), down (100%)

CH10 Pan Mode Sw: up (-100%), mid (-40%), down (100%)

If those check fine then the issue will most likely be found in the wiring inside the aircraft to the camera mount, wires internal to the camera. Refer to the Way to Fix Drones document found in the sticky thread in the General forum.

I need help ,
My ty-h plus took a fall after snagging a small tree limb. The fall was about 15' feet . It damaged to propellers. And even though it will fly . The camera (cgo3) will not pair with the remote nor will the gimbal respond .
I figured the obvious , lack of power and assumed it was from an pinched or broken wire inside of the gimbal frame and soldered in an new wiring harness .
But I'm still not getting connectivity of any sort .
Does anyone have any ideas on where to start. Or should I just stop and send my ty-h plus to the shop ?
Your thoughts would be helpful .
Thanks you

First of all if you have a CGO3+ camera you have just the Typhoon H (H480) and not the H Plus which uses the C23 camera.

As far as not having power or gimbal control that can also be from the aircraft side of the connection. See attachment 66 in the PDF file and use it to check for voltage on the aircraft side of the connector. If you do not have voltage with the aircraft on it is likely the K fuse is blown on the aircraft Mainboard see Attch 65.

Hoping you did not do yourself a disservice replacing the camera wiring. With the internal wiring all black it is easy to cross wires.

Attachments

• WTFDproject Rev89.pdf
    46.9 MB · Views: 26
I figured the obvious , lack of power and assumed it was from an pinched or broken wire inside of the gimbal frame and soldered in an new wiring harness .

Does anyone have any ideas on where to start.
Note: Your problem description is a mixture of elements involving three different Yuneec drone systems. This response assumes you have a Typhoon H (also known as H480, H-Pro) and a CGo3+ camera. If you have any other combination, please disregard this response and clarify what equipment you have.

If power is NOT reaching the camera, there are a couple good places to look:
1.) The Contact Springs on the camera mount. See:
Stuck Mount Contacts.pdf

2.) Blown "K" fuse. See:

These may also be useful:

Reactions: DoomMeister
First of all if you have a CGO3+ camera you have just the Typhoon H (H480) and not the H Plus which uses the C23 camera.

As far as not having power or gimbal control that can also be from the aircraft side of the connection. See attachment 66 in the PDF file and use it to check for voltage on the aircraft side of the connector. If you do not have voltage with the aircraft on it is likely the K fuse is blown on the aircraft Mainboard see Attch 65.

Hoping you did not do yourself a disservice replacing the camera wiring. With the internal wiring all black it is easy to cross wires.
Thank you you are correct I have a typhoon H with a cgo3+ 4k camera .
I must say I love this unit it brings me so much happiness for me and my children .
This wiring harness consist of 8 more or less top and bottom wires multi-colored that run from the top of the gimbal through the frame of the gimbal to the camera one end has a white plastic rectangular adapter if memory serves me I had to solder each color according to their color sequence to the pins on one side. Anyhow hindsight being 20/20. I may have " overthunk ". The problem . I will do as you directed and check the things you have mentioned and if it's okay I will update you as I do so many thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-14-12-50-56-19_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-14-12-50-56-19_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
You worked on the slip ring. Your earlier description sounded like you worked on the wiring below the gimbal board.

At any rate, you should be able to isolate the issue using the information contained in the Way to Fix Drones project documentation.

Note: Your problem description is a mixture of elements involving three different Yuneec drone systems. This response assumes you have a Typhoon H (also known as H480, H-Pro) and a CGo3+ camera. If you have any other combination, please disregard this response and clarify what equipment you have.

If power is NOT reaching the camera, there are a couple good places to look:
1.) The Contact Springs on the camera mount. See:
Stuck Mount Contacts.pdf

2.) Blown "K" fuse. See:

These may also be useful:
Very useful .thanks alot.
Here is a pic of slip ring wiring harness replacement . I'm feel more confident now that I've seen the spec diagram . Thanks again
On with the trouble shooting..

Attachments

• IMG20230414162524.jpg
    IMG20230414162524.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 9

Continuity between mainboard and gimbal board: See Typhoon H CG03+ Continuity.pdf

I have a similar issue. Mine starts up green light on it but will not move at all. And I can't seem to update the gimble either? have no idea how to. Have any idea?

Hi I have a cgo3 on my H it starts up and the camera initializes then a green light. But nothing it won't move around I have tried to update the gimbal but it doesn't anyone have any idea for a fix?
Thanks!
Ps, It did take a dive from about 20 feet up.

The green light is status of the camera. Not the status of the gimbal. At least not under the normal start-up circumstances. First caution is don't mess with updates anymore for now. It's probably not a firmware issue, and the only possibility would be to make things worse. We can come back to firmware later if other troubleshooting doesn't help.

Does the gimbal stabilize itself (points itself forward and level)?
Do you hear any beep codes coming from the camera?

Do you know how to remove the gimbal enclosure to check some stuff if we need to?
It involves two of the screws in step 3, then Step 4 and step 5 of this article:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval