Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET thermal imaging and low-light camera

Reaction score
I need some real world input from pilots that are using this camera on a Typhoon H3.
I have a customer that is interested in an infrared set up for his Typhoon H3.
I have no experience with this set up and I have no desire to mislead my customer.
Any input will be much appreciated .
Thank You

The CGO-ET comes in two versions One for the Typhoon H (H480) and the H520. The firmware for each is different and is not user changeable. If the H3 could use one it would be the one for the H520, but I would call Yuneec Sales and check with them before attempting this. It is likely they are not compatible.

Reactions: JMichael
The CGO-ET comes in two versions One for the Typhoon H (H480) and the H520. The firmware for each is different and is not user changeable. If the H3 could use one it would be the one for the H520, but I would call Yuneec Sales and check with them before attempting this. It is likely they are not compatible.
Thank you for the reply and the thank you for this information.

Also, for Windows users it's a tortured work-flow to get the imagery off the camera. It records the thermal and low-light separately in a multi-track video and the two streams are different sizes. They need to be split apart and the low-res thermal overlaid on the low-light images with a video editor. It involves MKVToolnix and VLC Player...

I found this article very helpful:
Extracting IR video from the CGO-ET

Here's one I posted with a little more step-to-step:
Extracting IR video from the CGO-ET

Last edited:
Reactions: JMichael
The thermal camera on the CGOET has a very small thermal sensor. The images right off the as card can be very frustrating. It takes time to learn the camera and how to manipulate the images. I had almost give up bu finally got some images I would consider sending to a customer.

Attachments

• 77A9F320-6FB8-42F6-8150-43ABD79474F5.png
    77A9F320-6FB8-42F6-8150-43ABD79474F5.png
    1 MB · Views: 11
Oh come on the H3 will have a completely new thermal camera at a grossly extravagant price.
Wonder who they will team up with for that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss