Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charge Percentage vs. Voltage Readings Downloadable Chart

Reaction score
I was inspired by this chart I saw in another post, so I re-typeset/formated the entire piece and put some special attention to the batteries for the Q500 as that is my current bird, but thought it good enough to post for anyone who may want a copy. I know this represents more of a "linear" curve and the actual battery curve is MUCH sharper at both ends, but nonetheless thought it might be of some use if you keep in the mid ranges to be of some use, and batteries deteriorate over time and use etc...If you have gotten this far you already know that...and other facts about the batteries so here for you to use at your pleasure:.

Sorry to the MODS for the double image not sure why it is doing that...

View attachment 18214View attachment 18214

Attachments

• Yuneec Q500 Aircraft Battery Voltage.pdf
    174.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AlgebraMan
If you have $20, you can get Tuna's UAV toolbox.
Here is a CCC mission I uploaded last Feb.
It includes voltage, GPS, & RSSI graphs.
Check his home page for sample ST16 screens.

Yuneec has a formula in ST10 firmware for voltage to remaining capacity. The firmware can be found in GitHub:

Yuneec has devided the discarge curve into three linear sections (100-25% // 25-5% // 5-0%) to approximate the remaining capacity from the voltage. Each section has its own formula.

Here are the details:
st10-v01b31c-master\ST15FlightMode\src\main\java\com\yuneec\flightmode15\MainActivity.java

For 3S battery:
if (voltage >= 12.6f) {
return 100;
}
if (voltage >= 10.7f && voltage < 12.6f) {
return Math.round((((voltage - 10.7f) * 75.0f) / (12.6f - 10.7f)) + 25.0f);
}
if (voltage > 10.5f && voltage < 10.7f) {
return Math.round((((voltage - 10.5f) * 20.0f) / (10.7f - 10.5f)) + 5.0f);
}
if (voltage > 10.3f && voltage <= 10.5f) {
return Math.round(((voltage - 10.3f) * 5.0f) / (10.5f - 10.3f));
}
if (voltage <= 10.3f) {
return 0;

U .. Voltage [V]
C .. Remaining Capacity [%]
12,6 --Sector1-- 10,7 --Sector2-- 10,5 --Sector3-- 10,3V
100% ----- 25% ------ 5% ------- 0%

Sector1: C=25+((U-10.7)*39.4737)
Sector2: C=5+((U-10,5)*100)
Sector3: C=(U-10,3)*25

This is an interesting aspect. I have used this formula to compute the remaining capacity in Q500log2kml (you can any graph you want).
It's clear that this is only a raw approximation without consideration of the age or individuality of the Q500 battery.

br HE

Reactions: Sureshot
I was inspired by this chart I saw in another post, so I re-typeset/formated the entire piece and put some special attention to the batteries for the Q500 as that is my current bird, but thought it good enough to post for anyone who may want a copy. I know this represents more of a "linear" curve and the actual battery curve is MUCH sharper at both ends, but nonetheless thought it might be of some use if you keep in the mid ranges to be of some use, and batteries deteriorate over time and use etc...If you have gotten this far you already know that...and other facts about the batteries so here for you to use at your pleasure:.

Sorry to the MODS for the double image not sure why it is doing that...

View attachment 18214View attachment 18214
Hello! Do you know if there is one for the H480? Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval