Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charge ST16S while using

Reaction score
Currently out of country, and do not have access to H Plus and ST16S to test. Was thinking of if the ST16S could be plugged in and charged or use the power and have battery as back up. I have five batteries so I can rotate them on charger for the airframe but I will not be able to rotate and keep the ST16S battery charged. Anyone else try this. The stuff you think about when you can’t go out and fly.

Currently out of country, and do not have access to H Plus and ST16S to test. Was thinking of if the ST16S could be plugged in and charged or use the power and have battery as back up. I have five batteries so I can rotate them on charger for the airframe but I will not be able to rotate and keep the ST16S battery charged. Anyone else try this. The stuff you think about when you can’t go out and fly.
Not entirely sure what you mean but I use a USB powerbank to keep the st16 charged while flying.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Thanks. Yes. Looking to keeping the ST16S powered as I run thru batteries in the h plus. I do have a power bank and will try when I get back.

Reactions: mbernholdt
It may prolong the duration of the battery draining but I doubt it will maintain a consistent battery level. I only say this because I have left the charger on the controllers while it was operating and even with a 2 amp output charger, the battery level was still dropping, just not at a faster rate when it wasn't charging. This was just with the controller being on, I can only imagine that while operating the H Plus, the streaming video, recording to the controller and the transmitters radios operating puts an even higher demand for power.

Agreed... while a power bank will not likely be able to keep up with both the power requirements of use and simultaneously increase stored capacity, it will considerably lengthen the timeframe to discharge the controller during use.

But never tg
It may prolong the duration of the battery draining but I doubt it will maintain a consistent battery level. I only say this because I have left the charger on the controllers while it was operating and even with a 2 amp output charger, the battery level was still dropping, just not at a faster rate when it wasn't charging. This was just with the controller being on, I can only imagine that while operating the H Plus, the streaming video, recording to the controller and the transmitters radios operating puts an even higher demand for power.
True. I use a powerbank with 2 amp outlet and it has plenty of juice to keep the st16s running all day (pauses and planning included) a good guess is approximately 5 hours of flight and the st16s is about 35% when we go home after a long day in air.

Where can you get an extra battery for the ST16S H Plus controller? Do the batteries for the H controller work in the H Plus controller?

Looking at the specifications in the OEM manuals of both the H Plus and the Typhoon H, the controller battery seems to be identical @Tom Gilmore... See post below...

Last edited:
The batteries are not the same for the 480 series and the Plus. The Plus and the 520 TX packs slot in to place with no connector. They are the same voltage and Mah but they are not interchangeable. If you want an extra battery for your ST-16S, look in parts for 520s. I have an extra and can swap and fly continuously almost.

Batterys.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval