Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

charge YP3A battery outside the ST16?

Reaction score
Dusting off my old bird and the controller battery doesn't charge fast or good in the ST16. Heard that some folks have had issues charging it in the controller (mine does charge in the controller through the supplied usb cable but is sloooooooooow) and charged it externally with a charger.

I''d like to charge this along with the big batteries with my Venom Pro Quad charger but I do not have the correct adapter. This looks like an EC3 connector but its way smaller. Does anyone know what dongle I need to connect it to my Venom charger?

Thanks in advance,

Mike G
Eagle Nest NM

Dusting off my old bird and the controller battery doesn't charge fast or good in the ST16. Heard that some folks have had issues charging it in the controller (mine does charge in the controller through the supplied usb cable but is sloooooooooow) and charged it externally with a charger.

I''d like to charge this along with the big batteries with my Venom Pro Quad charger but I do not have the correct adapter. This looks like an EC3 connector but its way smaller. Does anyone know what dongle I need to connect it to my Venom charger?

Thanks in advance,

Mike G
Eagle Nest NM
Looks like its an EC2, these look like they will work

The YP3A uses Li-ion cells, not LiPo cells, so it does not need to be put in storage mode.

It does use an EC2 connector.
When charging in the controller I leave it connected overnight and it always reaches full charge.

Reactions: photomike72
Speaking of dusting off the old bird, Just bought a couple of new batteries for my Plus, so that's exactly what I'm doing. ...Along with dusting off the old pilot, and the old coffin I've been sleeping in all this time! And speaking of charging the YP3A outside the box with a charger, what is a safe charge rate for said battery? The USB port on my ST16S is not charging anymore and this is the easiest solution, but I don't want to smoke it. ...Been trying to quit the smoking batteries habit!🚬

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
what is a safe charge rate for said battery?
You can set the charger to 3 amps. It won't charge any faster than the battery will allow.
After you get it fully charged the controller may start charging it again on the next cycle. Mine do this periodically.

BTW, Glad to see you back in circulation. 🤣 🤣

Reactions: DCH
The USB port on my ST16S is not charging anymore
Seems like mine ceased to do so too. I tried to charge st16 battery in the st16 (h520) and in the first instance it discharged the battery and when I spotted it and stopped and re- started the charging it managed to charge it to the half capacity over several hours and nothing is moving forward.
Is there a way to fix it?

Try to charge it when the ST is switched on and share the result, please.

I have the same problem but with an older one.... the one without cable, simply to put in the ST16

Looks like its an EC2, these look like they will work
Yes, it is EC2. It is a 1S LiIon, no need for a storage program. 1C is is mximum. That means 8A charging current. I'm not sure if the battery has a temperature sensor. But I would stay conservative and limit current to 4A.

When you remove the battery time setting in the ST16 is lost.

br HE

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz