Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charging Typhoon H battery

1C is the standard lipo rate. Unless the battery is specifically labeled as capable of charging at a higher rate than 1C, don't go above 1C. You can do less safely, but not always more. Sure, you might be able to charge at a higher rate than 1C, but you have no assurances unless the battery is marked as able to charge at a higher rate.

For those having problems determining what the "1C" rating is for your battery; divide the milliamp rating by 1000. 5400mA/1000=5.4, 6300mA/1000=6.3

Last edited:
Just to clarify.....I usually land around 16.4V and am curious as to what is considered "short term" storage. If I fly on a Monday and don't plan to fly again until the following weekend, do I charge halfway or wait until roughly 24 hours prior? I have the charger dock that is included with the Typhoon H pro kit. Thanks...new to LiPo batteries.

Just to clarify.....I usually land around 16.4V and am curious as to what is considered "short term" storage. If I fly on a Monday and don't plan to fly again until the following weekend, do I charge halfway or wait until roughly 24 hours prior? I have the charger dock that is included with the Typhoon H pro kit. Thanks...new to LiPo batteries.
It might be better to fly longer and land when the battery reads about 14.8 volts. After the motors are shut off the battery voltage will rebound to around 15.3 volts which is close to storage voltage. You can charge your batteries a couple of days ahead of flying with no problems. If they have to be stored longer than a week it would be better to discharge to storage level.

It might be better to fly longer and land when the battery reads about 14.8 volts. After the motors are shut off the battery voltage will rebound to around 15.3 volts which is close to storage voltage. You can charge your batteries a couple of days ahead of flying with no problems. If they have to be stored longer than a week it would be better to discharge to storage level.
Oops. Bad typo, I meant land at 14.4V!! Thanks for the info

charger-20170627153348.jpg

Hi,
the 6amps charging would be alright , correct?
Do you think this charger is worth buying? To charge / storage charge the H batteries?
Also there should be a charge setting that says balance. Use that over just charge.
The balance will charge while keeping each cell equal.

...<snip>...

Mostly my battery's have all been parallel charged and with over 30 various types of lipo's I have only had one battery fail prematurely in 3 years, and that was a genuine dji phantom 2 smart battery with just 30 cycles on it, it did not puff or swell but just failed in flight one second it was showing it was at 95% next few seconds it was dropping out of the sky, upon checking on various phantom forums other user had been experiencing the same odd battery in a giving batch.
One of my genuine Phantom 2 batteries with less than 40 cycles on it has started to show signs of degradation too. No swelling and always properly maintained, never left fully charged if not used in a while. It charges up fine and flies normally until it gets to around 35% then the power left in it drops like a stone. The first time it happened it caught me off guard. With these batteries it is recommended to begin landing procedures at 30% and to be on deck by 20%. I was bringing the aircraft closer to me getting ready for landing and before I knew it, it had began a low battery level emergency landing. I did manage to bring it closer to me on it's descent and it landed safely...though a bit bumpy. It's my newest Phantom 2 battery and the first one to show an issue.

What are your thoughts on "breaking in" a new battery? I bought a new UltraX battery and have read doing a handful of charge/discharge cycles are good for the battery. Have also read it's pointless.

As the battery is reportedly a 6200mah and for some reason Yuneec label them as 5400mah, you can safely charge them at 6 amps which is still below the 1C charge rate.

Yes, my Yuneec batts are labeled as 5400mah, so I have set my charger (IMAX B6AC) to 5.4A. Not sure if I am getting a full charge. Should I set to 6.0A??? I am new to these whacky chargers, but want to maximize battery efficiency and battery life.

1C is the standard lipo rate. Unless the battery is specifically labeled as capable of charging at a higher rate than 1C, don't go above 1C. You can do less safely, but not always more. Sure, you might be able to charge at a higher rate than 1C, but you have no assurances unless the battery is marked as able to charge at a higher rate.

For those having problems determining what the "1C" rating is for your battery; divide the milliamp rating by 1000. 5400mA/1000=5.4, 6300mA/1000=6.3
Hi Pat!

What brand and model of charger are you using for your TH?

Based on your experience, what brand of batteries are most reliable to you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy