Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chasing my tail over N-number

FAA stated at first that you need a "N" number for your sUAS to fly commercially, I believe that has been overwritten, and I think he wants to do this?

Reactions: Brian Mackey
do not know but I just had to cough of 5 bucks each for my to H's to re-register them commercially :( grrrr

No, you didn't have to. With the understanding you passed the 107 test, you didn't fully read 107. Title 14 part 47 AND part 48 are legitimate avenues for commercial drone registration <55lbs. One you get to fill out lots of paperwork and pay $5.00 per aircraft and the other is the hobby method where you register yourself and one number covers all your aircraft. What's amusing is that if you complied with the FAA's January registration mandate all your stuff was already registered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DroneClone
No, you didn't have to. With the understanding you passed the 107 test, you didn't fully read 107. Title 14 part 47 AND part 48 are legitimate avenues for commercial drone registration <55lbs. One you get to fill out lots of paperwork and pay $5.00 per aircraft and the other is the hobby method where you register yourself and one number covers all your aircraft. What's amusing is that if you complied with the FAA's January registration mandate all your stuff was already registered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer, no I haven't fully read or understabd all of 107 - My Faa profile said I had one number registered for hobby use only so-- :( bad on Me

Reactions: DroneClone
I think I started down thus road filling out a COA request, if I remember, the online form asked for N number
You don't need one for the sUAS waivered COA, They are supposed to start a website soon? to request waivers specific to sUAS's

You must use the paper (N-number) registration process if
  • Your unmanned aircraft is 55 pounds or greater
  • You want to qualify a small unmanned aircraft for operation outside the United States
  • You hold title to an aircraft in trust
  • The small unmanned aircraft owner uses a voting trust to meet U.S. Citizenship requirements
On the FAA registration page

Reactions: mwfoshee
@DroneClone, today was my first attempt at a COA, I got to the form on the sUAS section of the FAA website. There was two places to check airspace concerns, One at first, by itself labeled "airspace authorization" and another under waiver, along with several other waiver options.

Do you understand the difference?

You must use the paper (N-number) registration process if
  • Your unmanned aircraft is 55 pounds or greater
  • You want to qualify a small unmanned aircraft for operation outside the United States
  • You hold title to an aircraft in trust
  • The small unmanned aircraft owner uses a voting trust to meet U.S. Citizenship requirements
On the FAA registration page
Thank you @BrianMackey

I did notice it was a paper form, yuck

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Yea, it's a bit tough to list a certificate number if they haven't issued one yet. I hold three pilot certificates in addition to the sUAS ticket. Two of them have the same number, but since I'm not current in type I had to take both tests and expect yet another number to get added to the list. It appears the FAA has a built in delay for waiver requests from newly licensed operators-no certificate numbers prevent filing. You could give it a go anyway and see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval