Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Check your props...

What is the damage caused of? Wear and tear or? Is it Ynueec original props and how long are they used??
This was wear and tear, props were under 6 months old, and these were O.E.M. props. Three of the four tabs were broken off underneath the propeller while still mounted on the motor... Check check and recheck.

This was wear and tear, props were under 6 months old, and these were O.E.M. props. Three of the four tabs were broken off underneath the propeller while still mounted on the motor... Check check and recheck.
I'm still using props that are over two years old and they are doing just fine, but yes, check, check, check.

Whatever you fly, it's just good practice to check your props before the first flight of the day. It should be part of everyone's pre-flight checklist. Yes, it's a bit of a pain, especially if you leave the props on the aircraft between flights. But just imagine what the consequences could be if you didn't check. At least on the H you have one motor redundancy, so 1 lost prop might not be a problem, but only if it doesn't take other props out as it flies off! If you fly a quad, losing a prop means you're going to crash..... That's the long and short of it. It takes a couple of minutes and could save you mucho heartache and expense!

A solid “wiggle” check should be good enough for those that don’t make it a practice to remove props after a day’s flying. The damage seen in the photos was not generated by normal flying, it came about though a frequent and sloppy/forceful on-off-on process and not assuring they were properly set and secured before flight. In the aviation world it would be called maintenance error.

Those of us that have been flying one or more H’s for the last couple years with the original props know those quick change hubs didn’t get that way without a lot of help from the owner.

Take your time, assure the correct rotation prop is being installed on the right motor while twisting them in the correct direction. Never try to force an installation.

Reactions: Grumpy
A solid “wiggle” check should be good enough for those that don’t make it a practice to remove props after a day’s flying. The damage seen in the photos was not generated by normal flying, it came about though a frequent and sloppy/forceful on-off-on process and not assuring they were properly set and secured before flight. In the aviation world it would be called maintenance error.

Those of us that have been flying one or more H’s for the last couple years with the original props know those quick change hubs didn’t get that way without a lot of help from the owner.

Take your time, assure the correct rotation prop is being installed on the right motor while twisting them in the correct direction. Never try to force an installation.
Sorry... I can't stop laughing, that's a good one[emoji41]

I always remove my blades at the end of the day's flying and on the next outing inspect them before use. What I do when mounting them is to place each one onto the mount turning them until I can feel the 'notch'. But I don't lock it in at that point. Only when all six props are in place and I've double checked that the right props are on the right motors will I lock them in place. The current props I'm using are from the start of June 2016...the original ones, and they are doing just fine:D

Well done. Develop a working procedure and always follow it. An indicator of someone that takes flying, and flight safety, seriously. I’m willing to bet you had no problems with the CASA folks when you submitted your documentation package.

Last edited:
Check your prop mounts too! Found this on my last flight, glad that the H has a 5 prop mode luckily I didn’t need it.

Attachments

• 91369432-F11A-4887-A1B5-C6000C43DEF8.jpeg
    91369432-F11A-4887-A1B5-C6000C43DEF8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • B34FD471-CCDA-4EDC-98F8-C3CC9A8062A2.jpeg
    B34FD471-CCDA-4EDC-98F8-C3CC9A8062A2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
If you had a 920 you had to learn early on that every screw and nut on it has to be checked before the first flight, with a new application of Locktite at the appropriate places to insure it was done right.

the H was designed for prop r&r. Just be careful,and gentle.,though I have no original props to compare with, thanks to a fence [magnetic interference] my travel trailer [same thing] and an aluminum extension ladder,[that was a real mess]. I always instal and remove by looking at the prop angle,and feeling the snap.And yes I do press the button when removing. Keith?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33