Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Closed Cable Cam Operation on a T H +

Reaction score
Okay, it seems most of the "tutorials" on the Typhoon's CCC feature on YouTube and at Yuneec are at least a year old and don't always correlate to what's on my latest model ST16 screen in flight. This is part of the frustration I suppose with the technology changing so fast and how well Yuneec is or isn't keeping us informed on what's new in the ever changing software.

I'm having some frustrations with CCC. I can create the waypoints fine, no prob. The problem seems to come when I'm done setting them. The "next" button (the word has a green rectangle behind it on the screen) is still a choice and the word "save" is directly below that but has no green rectangle behind it, appearing as if it's not an assessible choice (no "button-like" appearance.) I've tapped the word save and had nothing happen, (too much pressure, to short, too fast a tap?) If I tap "next" the following window has no "save" option. (Sigh of exasperation.)

So, where the save word appears: I tapped it twice in succession yesterday and it gave me a new window and the place to name the route and the typing screen. Hooray, but does it require a double-tap or was the first tap a failure and the second succeeded? I typed a brief name in the space provided and was done and wanted to move ahead (tick, tick on my drone battery.) There's nothing, anywhere that cries out, "tap me here to save this now." I also couldn't get out of that screen, no matter where I tapped. Am I just thick (ok, be kind) or is this interface design not that "user friendly?" Am I suppose to intuit that the return button is the logical way to save and move on? Well, apparently so, as tapping it , twice, saved it and got me out of that window. On another try, I had tried hitting return only once and it just pushed down the space where I had titled the route as if to give me more room to type.) :mad:

So is what I described so far correct H Plus owners? Suggestions?

I'm going to go fly and practice again, later today, weather permitting. While the beast is in the air (battery draining away) and the route is complete, it gives you the option to "start" (assuming you successfully saved it.) That's another question I have, would it fly the route if I didn't save it? Seems not. Okay, I get that.

So I am supposed to fly the drone to near the first way point (if it's some distance away), pause, tap "start," press up on the left stick and the drone is supposed to fly its route. Also, as I understand it, I can apparently stay at the last waypoint I set, press "start," press the left stick down and it flies the route backwards.

What is the best procedure to prep for filming or photos along the route: Is it to set the pan switch to "global," set the speed at where I want it (some say it'll only fly the speed you flew when setting the route) push the "start and then push the stick to get it going? I don't know why, maybe it's my age, but there sure are a lot of steps to this procedure. I know it's just because I've not successfully done it enough. No doubt I'm not doing something right because I get confused and I'm not implying the software is faulty or there's a glitch, though that's a possibility. Yes, the firmware is updated.

Honestly, the only thing my old Parrot Bebop had going for it was the "Flight Plan" feature that you could program into the app from your living room recliner, using the Google map incorporated into it. Yes, I suppose I know why this isn't a feature on Yuneec, no doubt related to safety. But I always knew the area I wanted to film because I'd scouted it, in person ahead of time, for potential obstructions. I could go home after that, program the Flight Plan software and be ready to go. Then all I had to do was boot up the drone at the location and let the software and AI do the rest.

But it is what it is here with my TH Plus and I don't have a choice. The Bebop2 is clearly an inferior flying and filming machine. But I digress. If I have something wrong here, regarding the CCC and how to use it, please politely point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Last edited:
Unfortunately until there is greater market penetration, there is a small pool of people active on the board, currently flying the Plus... unfortunately I don't think there are any of those members who are Plus owners that are actively pursuing CCC... I know CraigCam prefers Team... I don't think Ty Pilot has done any in-depth experimentation with any automated modes. I will be exploring this mode myself once I purchase.

As far as mechanics of CCC I do not know if there are differences between the H and the Plus. As a videographer first, using the global switch to set camera controls on the right stick, is at least 50% of the reason to use CCC at all. IMHO, the mechanisms and placement of the pan knob and tilt slider interfere with getting the pan or tilt control I'm looking for... and difficult to execute while still flying the bird. Putting these functions on the right stick returns that fine control.

Last edited:
That feature of freeing you up from having to fly, the global pan and operating the camera pan from the right stick is why I want to learn the CCC. If I had the Parrot FlightPlan software (app) with this below drone camera and 360 gimbal capabilities I'd be a happy camper.

Patience will be rewarded... as more of us use the feature, best practices will be no doubt posted on this forum. :)

Until five weeks ago only a handful of people in Eu and one or two here in the states had a Plus so naturally its a learning curve. Most of us wanted to concentrate on ensuring the Plus was a solid flyer first. I have been playing with Curve Cable Cam and while I have been successful, it is not consistent. Therefore Yuneec has got some bugs to work through before any of us can put a video together showing all the steps competently.

I am betting by the time they get everything fixed the steps for CCC will be very similar to that of the 480.

First thing - have you performed an update to the latest firmware?

I am able to add waypoints to a mission, "Save" it, go into the list "Select" it and have only twice gotten it to run.

As EEV says Patience is the key here. I feel confident it will be fixed and perform as the 480 - eventually, In the mean time I am having a blast flying this thing

Reactions: Racepro60
Yes, it has been recently updated. I guess I forget how new it is and that there aren't as many pilots out there with experience then, like the H. Based on what you said, "It is not consistent." (for you too) that makes me feel a bit better. And you did not correct anything I stated that I've tried but you also didn't corroborate some of what I've experienced. I've gotten it to work perhaps two out of five efforts on two separate occasions. So maybe I'm not losing my mind. It might not be me being slow and confused. Maybe there are glitches that need adjusting through Yuneec. Silly me, that I thought these things were all ironed-out before the bird is released to the public. ;)

Reactions: Steve Carr
Silly me, that I thought these things were all ironed-out before the bird is released to the public. ;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
WHOOOOOOO
OMG my ribs hurt... make it stop
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA :p

Silly me, that I thought these things were all ironed-out before the bird is released to the public. ;)

Yeah, you have just been introduced to the "Yuneec Way" ;) You know - put something out before its ready, let the poor soles who belly up first be the beta testers, have some features that work, some that don't but - tell no one - let them find out, you know the drill and apparently; they (Yuneec) are still running on this business model. o_O

So basically, you're not losing your mind. Hold fast. :cool:

Reactions: Steve Carr
It’s not limited to Yuneec. Every new multi rotor goes through a gestation period. After the obvious things are fixed or provided then you learn to live with any quirks that remain.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Actually @rdonson is correct - when it comes to consumer 'drones' from China, this has become common place now, some of the first ones were okay - back in the day, and were well supported but I think the fight for market share has driven them all to a point that they do this kind of release and we now just accept it as common.

Yeah, you have just been introduced to the "Yuneec Way" ;) You know - put something out before its ready, let the poor soles who belly up first be the beta testers, have some features that work, some that don't but - tell no one - let them find out, you know the drill and apparently; they (Yuneec) are still running on this business model. o_O

So basically, you're not losing your mind. Hold fast. :cool:

I lost my first H + on it's second flight, just minutes after its first. It just dropped out of the sky from 63 ft onto a hard gravel road 10 yards in front of me. My worst nightmare. Not my fault. The stats backed me up. They replaced it. Not sure I'm happy to hear about the Yuneec people. I was not happy with Parrot but they replaced one I lost as well. Starting to think I'm jinxed.

I do like the way this new beast flies, the camera, the gimbal, etc. I hope they get the kinks worked out.

It’s not limited to Yuneec. Every new multi rotor goes through a gestation period. After the obvious things are fixed or provided then you learn to live with any quirks that remain.

It's been interesting so far. Glad I joined this forum.

Actually @rdonson is correct - when it comes to consumer 'drones' from China, this has become common place now, some of the first ones were okay - back in the day, and were well supported but I think the fight for market share has driven them all to a point that they do this kind of release and we now just accept it as common.

So basically we're the "canary in the coal mine" for those waiting to see how new releases turn-out. A lot of folks are smart to wait untl the bugs have been worked out before putting that kind of money into something that's unproven. That doesn't make me feel a whole lot better about my 2K investment. But, so far, aside from some quirks and challenges, I'm enjoying flying it.

I tried to set up a route with CCC again this evening and while it said it was saved, it wouldn't let me fly it. After chosing it and pushing start and pushing the left stick up, there's just no response. I'll be calling Yuneec this week. I don't think it's me.

I picked up a plus this week. I'll give CCC a tryout tomorrow let you know how it works for me.
I tried to set up a route with CCC again this evening and while it said it was saved, it wouldn't let me fly it. After chosing it and pushing start and pushing the left stick up, there's just no response. I'll be calling Yuneec this week. I don't think it's me.

Thanks. I'll be anxious to hear. It could be a glitch in all the program software or just mine (seems doubtful) or I'm just continuing to do something wrong. I tried again. It's still not working for me.

Reactions: JackMTaco
I tested CCC on my Plus yesterday and it works fine, didn't save the route though.
You need to hold the left stick up for about a couple of seconds before it starts. Maybe it's to stop the stick being caught by accident before starting the mission.
Only put in four points to start with and followed the usual procedure, save point, move to the next and at the last point fly back to my starting position before starting the mission.
Also used global for the gimbal and it works great, will be using it on my real estate video shoots as it allows for better smoother movement of the gimbal than trying to fly and get the shot at the same time.
Team mode will be a great addition to the Plus and I think it will come at some point, we will just have to wait for it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18