Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Comparative zoom VIDEO TH PLUS C23 with zoom post production

Reaction score
Hello,
here is a video comparison between the zoom of the C23 and the zoom in post production.
I leave you judge of the results.

My analysis: in video, the zoom of the C23 brings a more undeniable compared to the zoom in post production (I did not think so much), especially if it is used at maximum in 2X for an output in 4K UHD and 4X maximum for an output in 1080p (but still filmed in 4K originally). The treatment of the camera takes into account the area of the sensor in order to get the best zoom.

What is not the case in photo, since only the JPG are treated, and the original are not good. It is better to make a good Tiff from the DNG and zoom after.

Conclusion: personally, the use of the drone makes it possible to zoom naturally while flying, which gives a style to the image. I see a benefit for search or inspection in VIDEO, not in photo.

Then, I still do not know how the stabilization of the nacelle behaves with the zoom of the C23, I think it will be necessary to remain reasonable if you make the speed with the wind.

Thank you Oliver: that's a good effort. Are you saying that you used the in-camera JPG for your post zooms? If so, that would explain the differences between the two sets of images since, for sure, the zoom function doesn't use the JPG as its base image. I hope you will be able to repeat using the DNG file - or even using a still from the video as the in-camera JPGs are notoriously over-sharpened/damaged to begin with.

Thank you Oliver: that's a good effort. Are you saying that you used the in-camera JPG for your post zooms? If so, that would explain the differences between the two sets of images since, for sure, the zoom function doesn't use the JPG as its base image. I hope you will be able to repeat using the DNG file - or even using a still from the video as the in-camera JPGs are notoriously over-sharpened/damaged to begin with.
no i used only video files for this clip

no i used only video files for this clip
Sorry for misunderstanding. In that case, the video zoom function works pretty well…but I assume there is more in-camera processing going on than just a simple zoom or your post zoom would have replicated (or beaten) the results. The colour changes and pixel averaging to reduce stair-stepping are signs of that.

But for people who don't have the time or the knowledge or the tools to do a zoom in post, the new function does a good job - in video at least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li