Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Comparison between Dji Phantom 4 Pro and Yuneec H+ ??

Reaction score
Is anybody can compare between Dji Phantom 4 Pro and Yuneec H+ in every aspects ?

Agreed, if you boil down the comparison question to a single aspect you will have a better chance at getting an idea as to the differences. They are both tools of the craft. The question is; what are your capabilities, needs, and desires in a multirotor/camera system?

For comparison with the P4, it comes off topic because I am afraid the P4 has finished his career, it is now out of stock at most suppliers. If you find one, rush because the normal and the Pro is over. It remains in production that the P4 RTK from 5700 to 9899 € uros and it is not at all in the same comparison.

Is anybody can compare between Dji Phantom 4 Pro and Yuneec H+ in every aspects ?
. there are a number of other YouTube comparisons, but many are not in English - at phantom 4 pro vs yuneec typhoon h plus - YouTube. Also, there are many that are Typhoon H or H Pro - be on the lookout for the H Plus for true comparison with the Phantom 4 - and remember the Phantom Pro goes up to the top model of Phantom 4 Pro the Pro + and Phantom 4 Pro + v2.0 (not sure if there is a Pro+ v2.0 as shown in the photo here - he mentions Pro v2.0 in the beginning, not Pro + v2.0)

. there are a number of other YouTube comparisons, but many are not in English - at phantom 4 pro vs yuneec typhoon h plus - YouTube. Also, there are many that are Typhoon H or H Pro - be on the lookout for the H Plus for true comparison with the Phantom 4 - and remember the Phantom Pro goes up to the top model of Phantom 4 Pro the Pro + and Phantom 4 Pro + v2.0 (not sure if there is a Pro+ v2.0 as shown in the photo here - he mentions Pro v2.0 in the beginning, not Pro + v2.0)
What I dislike about most comparison videos, is that they don't tell you all the facts or how a user can actually customize the Yuneec product to easily out perform a DJI. When he talked about the drift stop, you can actually fine tune the Yuneec to stop better than the DJI. There are so many more things that you can tweak with a Yuneec product over the DJI. He said "smart battery".....it's actually not a smart battery, it's for people that are not technically knowledgeable with batteries and count on something else to tell them what to do, so it's the opposite in reality. A battery with lights on it for people that don't play safe. I could go on, but we have a forum full of information on any question you may actually have. Just use the search tool and voila!

Easy.
The Phantom requires you to obtain permission from China in order to fly in too many places even if you have all the permissions from the FAA, etc.

Yuneec has limited and easily unlocked NFZ.

Phantom has 4 noisy props, lose 1 and crash
Yuneec has 6 quieter props. Lose 1 and land safely.

That's how I made my decision.

Oh, and 1 more thing. You can still buy a new Typhoon H+. Not so with the Phantoms.

Which is why I'm glad I have an H+ and the ability to rig up an alternative battery if they become extinct. While Yuneec uses a "unique" battery format (see what I did there??) at least it is not tied to some sort of "smart battery" (which assumes you are not smart).

Reactions: Steve Carr
The first video has some technical errors. The most significant is the claim of the P4's ability to eliminate the rolling shutter effect. The P4 only uses the mechanical shutter for stills. It uses a rolling shutter for video so it cannot eliminate the rolling shutter effect.

In my opinion the only reason for people to prefer the P4 rather than the Typhoon H+ is DJIs better marketing. The DJI drones are good no questions asked and in some aspects even superior to the Yuneec drones. But especially when it comes to safety and spare parts DJI sucks. It is so easy to buy and replace parts on the Typhoon series.

Assuming you were a commercial pilot in Germany it would not even be possible to get a permission to fly over a crowded area using a DJI P4 since it is a quadrotor. German laws require you to have a redundency. Therefor you will need to have at least six rotors.

The Batteries are also an important aspect. This smart elecronic is incredibly annoying. If anything is not perfekt the battery will completly refuse working. The Yuneec batteries on the other hand, which are straight forward batteries like they are also used in RC planes, helicopter, cars and so on, will just do what they are supposed to unless they are seriously damaged/worn out. The only downside is, that you have to take an eye on their condition.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The first video has some technical errors. The most significant is the claim of the P4's ability to eliminate the rolling shutter effect. The P4 only uses the mechanical shutter for stills. It uses a rolling shutter for video so it cannot eliminate the rolling shutter effect.
I always view such videos with some caution. All to often I have detected a bias. They often miss or misrepresent some detail with the Yuneec aircraft to put the DJI product in a more favourable light. Indeed, from what I've seen, a truly unbiased video review comparing DJI against Yuneec is a rare thing indeed, And I'm saying that as an owner of both products.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval