Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass calibration

Reaction score
Hello, I have recently been the owner of a Mantis G and almost everything is ok, only the drone wants to calibrate the compass every now and then, follows the instructions, once it succeeds and once an error pops up. And so every flight how to fix it

Do the compass calibration in an open area free of electrical/magnetic interference (power lines both above or below ground, concrete with rebar, your cell phone and or smart watch, metal fencing, vehicles, etc). Make sure you get the single beep then perform the rotation until you get the double beep, switch to the next position, wait for the single beep, and so on.
I kept getting a failure at the third position by holding the aircraft 180 degrees out from the position it expected. If you get an odd sound instead of the single beep at the start of a new position, turn it 180 degrees to get the single beep.
If you keep getting warnings about the compass, try moving to a different area a few meters away and try again.

Ok, thank you for your help, I try to do everything according to the instructions, but almost always shows an error in the third position, and if it succeeds, after a few flights in the same terrain, it calls for calibration again

Have you had any hard landings or bumped into anything?

Did you buy it new so there is a warranty?

Mantis is new and I did not have a hard landing, even though it calls for compass calibration, it keeps its position well and shows all parameters, altitude, speed, distance, maybe it's the software's fault and there is some error

With it being new it should be under warranty by Yuneec. I would submit a support ticket via the Yuneec website to see what they have to say about it.

What type of terrain or surfaces are you launching from when you get the compass warnings?

Do you place it in the launch area and then power up, or do you power it on and then set it down to launch?

Flat train, meadow few buildings, first turn on the drone and then take it to the starting point, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong

Yes it should be placed where you intend to launch and then power it on. See if that makes a difference.

I had that problem on my Mantis Q but nothing on my DJI Air 2.
Initially I thought it was a Mantis issue, until I realized that a transformer was running underground near my take off site.

Looks like the Mantis is very susceptible To electric fields.

Reactions: Pier2162
I had that problem on my Mantis Q but nothing on my DJI Air 2.
Initially I thought it was a Mantis issue, until I realized that a transformer was running underground near my take off site.

Looks like the Mantis is very susceptible To electric fields.
Yes it is, but so are many of the DJI aircraft. Go to the MavicPilots forum and do a search for yaw error crashes.

This is actually a flaw that can be corrected in the firmware. Some have been corrected by reevaluating the compass reading after liftoff and comparing it with IMU and GPS values.

Yes it is, but so are many of the DJI aircraft. Go to the MavicPilots forum and do a search for yaw error crashes.

This is actually a flaw that can be corrected in the firmware. Some have been corrected by reevaluating the compass reading after liftoff and comparing it with IMU and GPS values.
Yeah that was it. The drone was drifting left and right. Like yawing.
There was no wind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz