Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

compass fail

Reaction score
Hi guys

I bought a breeze 4k two months ago. I flew one day. I updated the software and now, I can´t fly.
My smartphone is android.
I can not calibrate de compass in the third step. the first and second is ok. when I set the third, it´s fail.
so.. a sugestion comes up to call the factory to help me. I did, and the guy in the other side said that he can not help me and told me to ask to a lot of smart guys in this forum, to solve my problem.
conclusion: Yuneec is pretty cool. despite no solve my problem, he sugest that I´m not smart... ( I followed all the steps several times) ...
so.. if someone would like to help me.. I will apreciate.. :)

hi guys
I bought a breeze 4k two months ago. I flew one day. I updated the software and now, I can´t fly. my smartphone is android.
I can not calibrate de compass in the third step. the first and second is ok. when I set the third, it´s fail.
so.. a sugestion comes up to call the factory to help me. I did, and the guy in the other side said that he can not help me and told me to ask to a lot of smart guys in this forum, to solve my problem.
conclusion: Yuneec is pretty cool. despite no solve my problem, he sugest that I´m not smart... ( I followed all the steps several times) ...
so.. if someone would like to help me.. I will apreciate.. :)

We will try to help, but my first question I’ll ask is who did you talk to at Yuneec Customer Service? The reason I ask is because while we can try to help you, we are not an authorized service for Yuneec and it is their job and responsibility to provide you the customer with proper service especially while the product is still under warranty.

So José, when you try to do the calibration face to your local magnetic north with the Breeze camera facing you. Then do the rotations slowly and smoothly until you hear the beeps. If you still cannot get the compass to calibrate, your Breeze is faulty and should be repaired or replaced by Yuneec under warranty. You will have to contact Yuneec again and obtain an RMA to return it to Yuneec.

Please post the name of the support tech that would not help you and referred you to our group.

All of that aside welcome to the YuneecPilots forum.

HI Doom
thanks for your concern and response
the email that I received was from : [email protected], from Cassidy Lackey
I sent the email through the yuneec oficial site.
probably, I sent to a wrong address....
before I send the email, I made a little search and I found others customers with the same problem.
I went to a field, far from; fences, trees, electricals lines etc. made the procedures slowly and.. nothing.
I hear the bips in all of three steps and, after the third step and the bips, appear in the screen: compass failure. do it again.
please, explain again in more details what I have to do.
I will really appreciate, your help.
I live in Belém, a amazon river side city.
if you need something from here, just let me know.
regards

José Martins

José,

You didn’t contact Yuneec Customer Support, you had emailed to the YuneecPilots.com so one of my admins referred you to the forum. He is not from Yuneec, but helps run the forum.

Since the compass failed calibration again, look at this post Checklist Before Posting for Help and do the Factory Reset outlined there. Once that is done, do the checklist starting with step 2, then try the compass calibration again. If it still fails calibration, get online and contact Yuneec at Aerial Drones | Yuneec USA and use the online chat to talk to a Yuneec Customer Support person. Be sure to do this Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00PM to 5:00PM Pacific Time.

José,

Let us know if the reset makes a difference for you. Hope you are able to get your Breeze working.

I recently had a decent crash and my compass would not calibrate. I took a magnet swirled it around the compass board on all three axis. It's the tiny board underneath the power button board. It's been working fine since. Make sure the connectors are well seated too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval