Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
There have been several posts lately about failures in the third step of the Breeze Compass Calibration (magnetic sensor).

I was puzzled by this and so I asked Mitch from Yuneec Customer Support what I could suggest to alleviate this problem.

During the rotation for the third step the Breeze needs to be kept level. If it senses too much wobble in this step the failure occurs. He suggested placing the Breeze on a level nonmagnet surface during the third step. Be sure to rotate slowly and evenly.

Hope this will help those having trouble!

I still can not calibrate the compass .
Do I have to calibrate de compass to fly in pilot mode?
thanks

When you go to Tasks is the compass status indicator at the top right blue in color? If it is, you should be able to fly.

Are you able to pass the first two steps of the calibration, but still failing the third?

Is the below statement from Yuneec telling us we need to bring a 10”X10” flat plywood plate mounted to a 5’ post hammered into the ground such that the plate on top can spin freely with the Breeze on it, so calibration is successful? I never do this

“During the rotation for the third step the Breeze needs to be kept level. If it senses too much wobble in this step the failure occurs. He (Yuneec) suggested placing the Breeze on a level nonmagnet surface during the third step. Be sure to rotate slowly and evenly.”

I don’t know about you, but I don’t have access to a level, non magnetic surface where I fly. I just hold my Breeze in my hands and rotate it the best I can, and it’s hardly a uniform speed as I switch hands to rotate it.

I don’t have a problem with the third step either, but I keep the Breeze fairly level as I turn it swapping hands as you do.

I think his point was to keep the Breeze as level as possible, and if the third step fails try using a table to set the Breeze on while doing the third rotation.

If it still fails after that, the compass is bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder