Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass loses calibration

Reaction score
I have had my mantis q for a little over 1 week now. Everything was great until yesterday. I went to fly in my yard like I have been doing for the last week and I got a audio message on my phone, warning compass calibration lost due to high magnetic field please move and recalibrate. So I landed and went to a wide open soccer field and recalibrated compass, all went well so I took off and flew it for a couple mins. I took the drone up to 400 feet, flew around for 5-6 mins and then it came with the same warning. Any suggestions? Or just return for money back?

First, welcome to the forum.

Second, I get the same message if I take off from a wooden picnic table on my patio. Problem is, the wood is on a heavy steel framework. If I move the take-off point, all is good.

Which brings up the next question: are you 100% confident there is not a chance anything could be amiss with your soccer field location? All kinds of possibilities lie under a field.

And the final suggestion: before returning for refund, unless it is your ultimate goal, try contacting Yuneec via phone or chat. Give them a chance to help.

(Email is not the preferred method for support, as witnessed by many posts spouting the sentiment.)

Good luck with your continued research, testing, and hopefully eventual confidence in your aircraft.

Regards,
Jeff

First, welcome to the forum.

Second, I get the same message if I take off from a wooden picnic table on my patio. Problem is, the wood is on a heavy steel framework. If I move the take-off point, all is good.

Which brings up the next question: are you 100% confident there is not a chance anything could be amiss with your soccer field location? All kinds of possibilities lie under a field.

And the final suggestion: before returning for refund, unless it is your ultimate goal, try contacting Yuneec via phone or chat. Give them a chance to help.

(Email is not the preferred method for support, as witnessed by many posts spouting the sentiment.)

Good luck with your continued research, testing, and hopefully eventual confidence in your aircraft.

Regards,
Jeff

I do not want to return it as it was fun to fly, I have tried to contact support with no luck so far. I have a schedule call in so we will see if they in fact do call me. The live chat keeps saying no one available. I am positive that no interference is possible. The weird fact that I could fly it for a few mins before I get the error is what is bothering me.

When in doubt, walk around the area with a pocket compass (maybe a hiker's lensatic).
See if the needle deflects more than 4 degrees.

I get this all the time, keep calibrating in different places but still get the audible warning, up to now its not had any effect on flights so, i just ignore it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis