Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Completely Fed Up With Yuneec Customer Service

To those of you who choose to bash m20b_pilot, back-off. His issue is not that he wishes to be treated as a special case, he just wants to get what was promised to him. Had Yuneec been upfront from the beginning, there would have been no need for the numerous emails/phone calls.
I also have a TH in for evaluation/repairs. I received it as an early Father's Day gift on Sat., June 11. I spent the day reading instructions and watching videos, as this is my first non-toy copter and I didn't want to do anything wrong.
Sunday morning, I took it out for the first couple of flights, low level stuff to get used to the controls and copter and a quick trip up to around 200 feet. Landed without incident and proceeded to go through the charging process for the battery, including the cool down. As it takes an average of 2+ hours to recharge,I decided that it would be a good time to charge the controller and the Wizard wand. Charging complete, time to check out more features. I wanted to check out the video capabilities, so I inserted the card and took her up high enough to do a 360 pan of my property. Brought her back down and checked out the video. I was disappointed, as the video was very choppy, so back to the online videos. After learning how to adjust the video settings, back out for another try. I send her up to treetop level and let her hover. Press the video button and nothing, press it again and nothing. I scan the screen and everything appears normal, no warnings, alerts, or attention vibrations. I glance up at the copter and all appears well so I try the video button a few more times and still nothing. All of a sudden the copter goes silent, I look up and helplessly watch as it falls to the ground and smash into many pieces.
Monday, June 13, working with my retailer, I contact CS. They tell me to send the controller so the techs can check the telemetry to determine if it was user error or something that would be covered by the warranty. I mentioned it might be better to send both the copter and controller, since the copter is going to need to be repaired regardless of the cause of the crash, and she (CS) agrees. I spend $40 to send it to Yuneec and it is confirmed as being received on June 24 via email. About a week passes with no further contact from them, I figured they were busy, so I send an email inquiring if anything had been discovered yet. I received a response the same day that stated "We have not yet completed the necessary repairs. Our repair team will be in contact with you if needed. Thank you for your patience. Have a Yuneec day!". I think to myself, "Does this mean they have determined that it was a glitch and they are covering the repairs under the warranty?" June 30, Another email to CS inquiring just that, and a response couple days later (July 2) informing me that it was deemed a "Customer Crash" and was not covered by the warranty and the repair techs would be in contact for payment information. I now inquire (same day) on how to find out the cause of the crash so I know what I did wrong, as to not have a repeat incident. I hear nothing back until yesterday (July 8) and it is a quote for the repairs, so I call CS and leave my contact number. They returned my call this morning wanting payment. I recapped the whole scenario and was told to call back on Monday when the techs would be in. My thoughts are that I should not have to pay for the repairs unless they can prove that it was me who caused the crash. Also, if it is this easy to crash this copter, then their videos are a bunch of (Beep beep beep). We shall see what Monday brings though.
I don't know why your H crashed, but I had the same problem with the video or photo not engaging when pushing the button.. I thought for sure I was going to have to go thru the dreaded CS bull. But I noticed that when I put in the original sd card, it worked again... So, I tried all my cards.. 2 of them work and 2 don't... I'm not sure why as they work great with the P3p.... I expanded my Apple cloud and download files after each day of flight with the original 16 gig card.

I don't have a TH. I have the other guys (you know the toy P3p) I had TH ordered and decided to wait after the early hiccups. I love the TH platform, I just couldn't afford to wait for the bugs to get ironed out. That said, you are a pro. From one pro to another. How in Hades do you show up to a "major shoot" with an unproven platform. By that I mean one that you have no experience using and can't attest to it's viability for the job you took.

You say you used the Q.. Fantastic, so you really didn't have an "business emergency" that Yuneec needed to go around their standard operating procedures to fix for you.. Yeah the platform that has been out 3 months isn't perfect. This is a shock to absolutely nobody. You had to know that there would be problems with the first release of a new aircraft right? Sounds a lot like poor planning. Dont buy a Phantom! Stick with Yuneec, and plan better.

All I know is I purchased my H at the beginning of June and had only flown it once before having to send it back in due to the unstableness and "toilet bowling".

This is absolutely a new platform. I think everyone expected it to perfect. I don't know of any platform that started off perfect.

So, Yes. I don't believe someone should be able to call in and get prioritized repairs just because he thinks his time or his finances are more important than mine.
100% agree.

But that's not what happened. Everyone you initially spoke to all told you the same thing. They couldn't do what you were asking of them. They only agreed to give you priority after you called a half dozen times complaining, demanding and expecting them to put your needs ahead of everyone else.

Yeah, because Yuneec is going to verify every person who claims they are a "333 blah blah blah operator" just so they can prioritize you people who think they're more important? Not going to happen.

I'm not going to say that this is directed to you so please don't take it that way because I don't know you or your situation. Having worked for a few years in customers service I saw certain customers where everything was an emergency to them. They had to have instant gratification or they wanted a supervisor and of course they would go to Yelp, Facebook etc. and badmouth us.

Once again I don't know your situation but personally I wouldn't put myself in a situation where my livelyhood depends on equipment I don't have backup for. A possible solution may have been to let them charge your credit card as collateral to be credited back when they got your damaged system back. I can tell you from experience, at my company, your perception by us would have turned from a possible problem customer who is sending us lots of chatter that takes time to be analyzed, to one who will now get immediate attention. Good luck.

That said, you are a pro. From one pro to another. How in Hades do you show up to a "major shoot" with an unproven platform. By that I mean one that you have no experience using and can't attest to it's viability for the job you took.

You say you used the Q.. Fantastic, so you really didn't have an "business emergency" that Yuneec needed to go around their standard operating procedures to fix for you.. Yeah the platform that has been out 3 months isn't perfect. This is a shock to absolutely nobody. You had to know that there would be problems with the first release of a new aircraft right? Sounds a lot like poor planning. Dont buy a Phantom! Stick with Yuneec, and plan better.

I obviously would not have shown up to a job not having flown the thing at all. When I received it, I was going to have roughly 2 weeks to fly it, get used it and and get comfortable with it before the big job I had lined up. Then when they promised to overnight a replacement (which I paid for the expedited shipping) I still would have had 2 days to make sure it was solid before I had to use it on the big job.

I'm not going to say that this is directed to you so please don't take it that way because I don't know you or your situation. Having worked for a few years in customers service I saw certain customers where everything was an emergency to them. They had to have instant gratification or they wanted a supervisor and of course they would go to Yelp, Facebook etc. and badmouth us.

Once again I don't know your situation but personally I wouldn't put myself in a situation where my livelyhood depends on equipment I don't have backup for. A possible solution may have been to let them charge your credit card as collateral to be credited back when they got your damaged system back. I can tell you from experience, at my company, your perception by us would have turned from a possible problem customer who is sending us lots of chatter that takes time to be analyzed, to one who will now get immediate attention. Good luck.

I don't know what their criteria is for labeling someone a problem customer, but all my times in dealing with them in the past, I have only had to call once. I let my Dad have a go with the Q 4k and he crashed it within minutes of taking the controls. I had 0 issues whatsoever with having them fix it in a expeditious manner.

You mention giving them a credit card as collateral. That's exactly what I did. I even paid them for expedited shipping, was promised a replacement would be sent out that day and here I sit 3 weeks later and they still haven't sent out the replacement.

I called 2 weeks ago to check on the status and try to get an idea of when it would ship, nobody could even give me a ballpark answer. I was also told that they would refund the money I paid for the return shipping and that hasn't even happened yet.

Well it took a few weeks for Yuneec to look at my crashed CGO3+ and gimbal, but once they checked it in, things progressed quickly. I got an email a few days ago that a technician had my camera, then two days ago a got the estimate to repair it (extremely reasonable, I was expecting much more $), then yesterday morning I got a notice they had repaired it and will test it. Then a few hours later I got yet another detailed email telling me testing was complete and it had been shipped back to me with the tracking number. I did get a little impatient waiting the first few weeks for them to get started, but honestly one can't expect better overall service than they provided. I'm an even bigger Yuneec fan having had dealt with their service center now.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
HAHA! Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm just spoiled and want instant gratification. :rolleyes: You don't know me at all and that's not what I was getting at.

I don't expect to get ahead of anybody. But, when I call up a company and ask them for priority handling and am told one thing, but get something totally different, I get upset. You're saying you wouldn't be upset if you paid for expedited shipping and was told you would have a replacement unit by a certain day and a couple of weeks later you still don't have it?? On top of that, not all situations are the same. I do think a company should treat certain situations differently. Yeah, little Timmy crashes his drone because he doesn't know how to fly it might have to wait a little bit to get repaired as opposed to a commercial 333 operator who need something fixed as quickly as possible. There's a definite difference.

My little 'photo shoot' was filming a large property and building in the midtown of my large city. I took the job only because I knew I would have my H and that it would be a much better drone to use than a smaller quad. On top of that, it was my first project with a large, national commercial real estate company. I blow it with them and I could lose a lot of business.

You say that I should just return it to where I bought it. Did you not read the paper that came with your H that had a big red stop sign that said to NOT return it to where you bought it from you're having problems? It's not the guy's fault who I bought it from.

At any rate, I'm not coming on here to argue with you.

Just FYI for the future of items with the red stop sign, I returned mine to amazon no problem.. Had a new one in two days..

Reactions: m20b_pilot
I need some cheese to go with all this whine.

All I got out of this thread was prolly bad compass cal, rushed to show it to everyone. Not enough prep with new bird. I'm a 333 so I'm special and Yuneec should treat me that way. And since they didn't I'm going to pitch a fit on every forum I can find.

Love my H. Love B&H. No problems with Yuneec and I've had to call them several times now for questions.

Flame away. I'm good.

Reactions: Cyborg35
Well it took a few weeks for Yuneec to look at my crashed CGO3+ and gimbal, but once they checked it in, things progressed quickly. I got an email a few days ago that a technician had my camera, then two days ago a got the estimate to repair it (extremely reasonable, I was expecting much more $), then yesterday morning I got a notice they had repaired it and will test it. Then a few hours later I got yet another detailed email telling me testing was complete and it had been shipped back to me with the tracking number. I did get a little impatient waiting the first few weeks for them to get started, but honestly one can't expect better overall service than they provided. I'm an even bigger Yuneec fan having had dealt with their service center now.
How much did the repair and postage cost?

Never, never ask them to hurry up a repair or replacement saying you need it for a job. I havent used this, but I know people who have. Tell them you doing a puff piece for your TV station about Typhoon H, however they was a problem with the H I know 4 people who posted that they used something like this and boom a new replacement H was shipped over night no questions asked. Yuneec don't want bad press anywhere. its up to you it you want to say something like this. Not me

Last edited:
How much did the repair and postage cost?

$30 labor, $15 shipping. No parts charge even though they did replace some parts. If this were DJI I'd be willing to bet they would have charged me for an entire new camera and gimbal because it was pretty bad after the crash. Really impressed with Yuneec.

$30 labor, $15 shipping. No parts charge even though they did replace some parts. If this were DJI I'd be willing to bet they would have charged me for an entire new camera and gimbal because it was pretty bad after the crash. Really impressed with Yuneec.
Ain't that the truth.... DJI charged me 881 bucks for a battery failure crashed P3p
But dynamite price for repairing a camera... Yahooooo Yuneec... I knew I made a wise buying decision. Thanks Dave for the info

Last edited:
Just got my camera and gimbal back for my H. Everything is working fine, so happy to be back in the air. I'm thinking they adjusted the camera because the pics look quite a bit sharper than before.

Attachments

• YUN00278.jpg
    YUN00278.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
i also just got my camera/gimbal back a little while ago....too dark to test it out ....did the firmware update and that went pretty smooth....hopefully the vibration video is gone....keeping my fingers crossed....turnaround time for me was 5 weeks....i guess thats normal...

Thanks Danny. I've had a few more flights and I must say I am very happy with the camera now.

Attachments

• YUN00270.jpg
    YUN00270.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone