Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Constantly Folding the Arms Down

Reaction score
Whenever I fly my H I have to drive to the location I want to fly at, and in order to transport it I need to fold all of the arms down so it can fit in my car. My question is, if I'm constantly folding down the arms and then clicking the arms back up into place when I want to fly and then folding them down again when I'm done, will the clicking mechanism eventually wear down over time to the point where it won't even hold the arms up in the clicked position anymore? Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

No, but I have seen it discussed. When the H was first released everyone worried that the folding arms (and the cables within them) would wear out over time. Generally speaking, that has not transpired to be a valid concern, and there are people who have had the machine for 2 or 3 years that still have perfectly working latch systems. My own is over a year old and shows no signs of wear in that area. Other things about the H definitely DO wear down (prop mounts anybody ?) but the arm latches stay pretty solid unless a crash or something else breaks or compromises them.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMolter and rdonson
The internal mechanism is well made. The hook mounted to the frame seems to be made of some sort of copper alloy. Not the hardest matel but still shows no signs of wear. The latch is made of a hard spring steel an does not wear down as well. Maybe it will break after a couple houndred of uses. The wires are also not bend over a corner but with a quiet large radius. Furthermore they are surrounded by a protective hose. It is likely that the average user will never accounter any problems.

But even if it fails someday the arms will not fold down mid air. All the involved parts are interchangeable.

Whenever I fly my H I have to drive to the location I want to fly at, and in order to transport it I need to fold all of the arms down so it can fit in my car. My question is, if I'm constantly folding down the arms and then clicking the arms back up into place when I want to fly and then folding them down again when I'm done, will the clicking mechanism eventually wear down over time to the point where it won't even hold the arms up in the clicked position anymore? Has anyone ever experienced something like this?
Twice per flying session, hardly constantly. Captain drone did a YouTube video for his Typhoon one year on, it was as " good as the day he bought it" and he highlighted that same area, no damage or wear to the arms or those components which make up the latch.

No, but I have seen it discussed. When the H was first released everyone worried that the folding arms (and the cables within them) would wear out over time. Generally speaking, that has not transpired to be a valid concern, and there are people who have had the machine for 2 or 3 years that still have perfectly working latch systems. My own is over a year old and shows no signs of wear in that area. Other things about the H definitely DO wear down (prop mounts anybody ?) but the arm latches stay pretty solid unless a crash or something else breaks or compromises them.
After 150+ flights the prop latches are just starting to wear a little. No worries.

Reactions: Adamg1180
Same here no issues, 2.5 years also.
Hmmm, 306 flights looking good.

Last edited:
Reactions: KellyR
If people are concerned about that part of the Typhoon then it might be worth getting spares, they are cheap, quite often out of stock, sometimes for months. Worse case it could ground you for some time if unlucky!

or purchase a new drone.:cool:
What Yuneec, there pretty much permanently out of stock on backorder, I think its a case of " Grab what you can before it's gone". Some H and H+ parts have been out of stock over a year, to me that doesn't seem a positive.

What I meant "purchase a new drone", it may not be Yuneec? ?
Unfortunately.:(

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth.
I got my H on July 12th 2016, I've logged 241 flights. I always keep my H in the backpack case, so the arms are cycled almost every flight. As I have mentioned before, I have had zero issues with the H that were not pilot induced. Still very impressed with this aircraft. Just sad it doesn't get more exposure to the public. Just because DJI has, what 80% of the market, doesn't mean it's a better machine, just better marketing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis