Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Controller no longer has wifi.

Reaction score
I bought my mantis q last Saturday.
The battery and controller charged according to instructions.
The connection was perfect. The new firmware installed. The drone started itself up nicely again. You had to manually start the controller.
The WiFi connection of the controller is now gone. The blue light does not come on and in the app he always asks you to connect your phone. The phone is of course connected (android).
What am I doing wrong?

Are you connecting the android device to the controller via USB, then powering on the controller, then powering on the Mantis Q?

It sounds like you are powering on the Mantis Q before the controller, so the Mantis is attempting to connect with the Android device instead of the controller.

Refer to startup procedures starting on page 9 of the User Manual. Please report your results.

Attachments

• Mantis Q_USER MANUAL_V1.0_20180921.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Thank you for your message. I have of course followed everything through the manual. Tried again but on the controller the blue WIFI light does not light up. He always indicates connect telephone with controller. He wants to scan the QR code but says connection failed.
Very strange but before I started updating the firmware I had a good connection and the blue WIFI light on the controller was on.
After updating the firmware, he requested that the controller be restarted manually, after which I no longer had contact via the controller.

I have the same problem . No connection. “Controlled by another device.”
I’ll call helpline tomorrow and report.

Try contacting technical support Yuneec
I had the drone (Mantis G) for only 2 hours that's very disappointing.
Contacted the technical support at Greece Athens and they told me that they can not help me by phone, the technician had an other work to do and i should try to solve myself that problem.
Try to find an app to your site for update manual the Remote controller but there is nothing!
Contact the shop that bought Mantis G and told me that they (the seller) can only send the drone to the Technical support.
Asked for money back DOA controller but they did not gave my money back even we are a European Union Member State or a new controller.
So finally gave the drone to the seller and i do not know when i will get it (Mantis G) back!!!
That was my worst product selection, instead of DjI drones (unlucky me as i see they have even windows 10 software for upgrade manual drones and controllers), so i can not trust Yunnec product any more.
Payed so much euros for having nothing at my Easter vacations, not even a clear answer.
Disappointed.
Thanks for your answer.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace