Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cool down between batteries?

Reaction score
Hi again guys.
I was out today for some test flights on the new H. Touching the shell after the first battery seemed warm. Should there be a cool down time between batteries or just slam another one in and go?
Today was overcast and 74 degrees F. 23.3 C. Not a typical summer day. The shell was warmer than the motors and the battery was not that warm.
Thanks again for all your advice and expertise
Pete.
BTW. The battery that was stuck in the tree for a week and a half lasted 15 minutes from full charge to 14.4 volts.

At 74F you should have no problem flying one battery after another. My personal M.O. is to make an inspection of the craft after landing. Props have no damage, motors turn free and even temps, arm latches intact, camera dampers are intact, lens is clean, and landing gear has no damage.

Then change battery ensuring it is seated properly, power on, check telemetry status, set camera settings, arm motors, lift off, and check controls from a hover at around 15 feet up.

Reactions: Pier2162
Doommeister.
Again thanks for the wise advice. Post landing check and preflight all in one. I have learned from my other RC equipment. Never rush a takeoff. Only bad things can happen. This being a hobby for me, I just have to be patient. New to camera drones I have to resist the urge to rush to get that good shot.
Pete.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval