Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Corrupt Video File - Failure to stop recording before powering off drone - Apple Fix

Reaction score
Website
www.duffysaircraft.com
Like many of us I have the problem on occasion where I power off my drone without stopping my video from recording. This in turn leads to my last video file usually being corrupted. This is a common problem in many drones. One recommendation from this group is to power the drone back on with the same SD card. Start video recording and stop it again. Hopefully that will correct the corrupt file to the point it is a useable file. However I have the tendency of removing my card from the drone and taking it to the computer shortly after to download everything. I use an Apple computer for my drone video and editing. Anyway I remove the corrupt file manually by dragging it from the SD card to a file on my desktop. I then used a program called Video Doctor from the Mac App Store to repair the file. The program needs a reference video file to compare it with. I typically shoot fifteen to twenty minutes of video so there are usually three or four good 5 minute video files I can use for reference. So far this program has come through for me to correct the damaged file and make it usable. I spent the $19.99 for the software. A cheap expense for my stupidity to not stop the video recording before powering off the drone. This certainly isn't the first time I have done it and certainly won't been the last. I hope this helps someone. If anyone knows of any PC software please feel free to share. - Happy Flying

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio