Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crash after takeoff and hover for 30 seconds (Updated logger files)

Reaction score
Please see attached logger files from after GPS/Compass module replacement. I have performed the following.

-GPS/Compass replacement.
-Accelerometer calibration.
-Compass calibration in a clear area and having the ST16 50 feet away during the calibration.
-Flight loggers purged from ST 16.
-Rebooted UAV and collected logger data for ~20 minutes.

Can someone please review this data and se if they think I am safe to try to fly this thing again? LOL

Thanks,
Thomas

Attachments

• FlightLog 20200117.zip
    98.8 KB · Views: 10
Please see attached logger files from after GPS/Compass module replacement. I have performed the following.

-GPS/Compass replacement.
-Accelerometer calibration.
-Compass calibration in a clear area and having the ST16 50 feet away during the calibration.
-Flight loggers purged from ST 16.
-Rebooted UAV and collected logger data for ~20 minutes.

Can someone please review this data and se if they think I am safe to try to fly this thing again? LOL

Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas,

I recall we only have thirty seconds to complete the compass calibration once the calibration is started via the ST16. If your ST16 was fifty feet away, did you have enough time to sprint to your H, pick it up, and go through all cycles within those thirty seconds?

The ST16 does not need to be that far from the craft. 10 to 20 feet should be plenty.

I trust others will chime in and either confirm the above or tell me I need to go back and read the manual a few more times!

Good luck!

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7cyclops and Parktj
Thomas,

I recall we only have thirty seconds to complete the compass calibration once the calibration is started via the ST16. If your ST16 was fifty feet away, did you have enough time to sprint to your H, pick it up, and go through all cycles within those thirty seconds?

The ST16 does not need to be that far from the craft. 10 to 20 feet should be plenty.

I trust others will chime in and either confirm the above or tell me I need to go back and read the manual a few more times!

Good luck!

Jeff
I made it as it showed the green light confirming a successful calibration. I must run fast LOL.

Thanks,
Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Remote and RemoteGPS do not belong to the telemetry file (from number and date/time).

Telemetry looks good. Is it normal in your area than GPS gets only 13-14 sats? here in my area, we get more; ~18. But accuracý was good.
The altitude from baro drifts a litte bit during initialization and jumps at motor start suddenly to zero. Maybe this was temperature drift.

No error messages, no abnormalities. I see no crash.

br HE

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin