Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed and in a world of hurt.

Reaction score
I crashed my Q500 4K yesterday. I had to retrieve it from the horse corral behind my house. Luckily my neighbor was not upset and let me go back there to get it. The gimbal came off and the two wires that are soldered into the mechanism detached. I think that actually happened in a previous crash. As I remember correctly there was another lead that you could attach to the Gimbal and then to the copter and I could not find that when I was searching for parts. Yuneec used to answer their phone and be a good company but it appears they don't have a way to contact them by phone. I am worried that these parts are no longer supported. Does anyone know where I could get that lead for the Gimball? Help if you can. Thanks!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 19
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
It is very important that you either remove or insulate the ends of the broken wires. They will still be energized and can permanently damage the drone mainboard if they come in contact with each other or anything else. Refer to Attachment 1 (CG03 Removing the Three Black Wires ) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project if you need more details.

The cable you asked about is part# YUNCGO3104. Often called "Pigtail" or "104 Cable" or "CGO3 Connection Wire". Yuneec Skins has them at:

You can also reattach the black wires to the board. Both the gimbal board and the contact plate are labeled to show which wire goes to which solder pad. If the solder pad is ripped out, you can solder the black wire(s) directly to the corresponding leg(s) on the back of the pigtail cable connector. But read the attachment first and ensure none of the tracing is pulled loose and in danger of making contact with anything else.

Reactions: John Pirrone
It is very important that you either remove or insulate the ends of the broken wires. They will still be energized and can permanently damage the drone mainboard if they come in contact with each other or anything else. Refer to Attachment 1 (CG03 Removing the Three Black Wires ) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project if you need more details.

The cable you asked about is part# YUNCGO3104. Often called "Pigtail" or "104 Cable" or "CGO3 Connection Wire". Yuneec Skins has them at:

You can also reattach the black wires to the board. Both the gimbal board and the contact plate are labeled to show which wire goes to which solder pad. If the solder pad is ripped out, you can solder the black wire(s) directly to the corresponding leg(s) on the back of the pigtail cable connector. But read the attachment first and ensure none of the tracing is pulled loose and in danger of making contact with anything else.
Thanks for your help. Do you think I can use heat shrink tubing to cover those wires? I bought the cable off of ebay. Had no idea I could get one. The guy will ship it to Hawaii as some of the others would not, which is completely ridiculous!

Thanks for your help. Do you think I can use heat shrink tubing to cover those wires? I bought the cable off of ebay. Had no idea I could get one. The guy will ship it to Hawaii as some of the others would not, which is completely ridiculous!
"Do you think I can use heat shrink tubing to cover those wires?"
Yes. A piece of heat shrink on each wire will work fine.

Reactions: John Pirrone
Bummer. Purchased a new cable that came in the bag with the white cable, a new lens, etc. Plugged in the black cable and when I turn on the controller and the 4K it says, won't connect. I think the mainboard has a problem because the little white connector inside the mainboard is a bit loose and is moving around. 2nd photo shows the white connector. I can still plug in the cable but am getting no connection as you can see in the 3rd photo. .

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics