Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed H in Tree - Flew back on 5 rotors

You are a lucky man!, what caused you to just fly into a bank of trees? dept perception? (How far they really were?) It can really be deceiving how far objects away are! That's why I always fly higher than the tallest object in my areas. Glad you made it home with only one damaged prop! Fly safely my friend!;)

You are a lucky man!, what caused you to just fly into a bank of trees? dept perception? (How far they really were?) It can really be deceiving how far objects away are! That's why I always fly higher than the tallest object in my areas. Glad you made it home with only one damaged prop! Fly safely my friend!;)

Depth Perception! I was trying to film the white cargo trailer and before I knew it I was in the trees! What a dumb arse!

Reactions: DroneClone
For whatever reason the video won't play for me, even on Youtube.
But all's well that ends well. Lucky, maybe you need to go play the ponies.

I gotta say that was a pretty smooth recovery, you got into the tree tops spun weird for a couple seconds then "OK what was that I'm coming home". But glad it was only one prop causality fly safe. Had a close call on my second flight same thing dept perception.

Just tried the vid again, running fine now.
Totally amazing, were you doing anything with the controls as it crashed or do you remember, lol?

Depth Perception is my main problem !!! I don't know how to improve it....
It just gets a little better with time and experience, till then just make sure you fly higher than the tallest objects and stay well back from objects when lower or landing!

Keep the drone sillouetted against the sky so there is always a little bit of sky showing beneath the drone. That makes it impossible for it to crash into objects.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
Don't feel too bad, My 4th flight I think it was, I was cruising around the trees in my yard 2-5 feet up, and got tangled up in a pine tree. Broke 2 props, lesson learned. What I found helped me some, fly to a distant object, hover in the spot you think you want then walk out there and see how well you did.
Glad you got her back with just a scratch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop