Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed today after odd problem

Reaction score
Had my first bad crash today. The craft started flying in a circle in a pitched position, the blades were not level. It circled several times gaining speed and dropping until it hit the ground. I tried to control it but it did not respond, I switched it to home and it did not help that I could notice, I put it back in smart mode and it came right past me with in 4 ft. Any ideas what went wrong.

Interesting comment, you may be correct. A friend told me that where I was out in the country was in a spot that his Ham radio has problems in due to cell tower interference. I could not see any towers and no power lines in the area but he said it is in a microwave area. I don’t know much about that sort of stuff. First 2 flights ok then 3rd flight it goes nuts.

First you should plug in a micro sd-card in your ST10 for a flight data-log.

In this data it can be possible to see a problem.
Also you copter have light signs that can show you a possible problem.

Yuneec is able to read flight data out of the copter to find a possible problem.
Contact their support.

Hi I have a similar problem with my camera after what I thought was a very minor tip over upon landing in home mode. The camera seems to get caught up in the gimbal mechanism...and vibrates like it is trying to move past the mechanism but can't . When I bend the camera around the plastic arm it works fine but will take angled pictures and video occasionally. Any ideas or is it the dreaded send back to Yuneec

My Q500+ camera seems to stick also and I pull it loose, seems to be part of my pre-check list now. It is kind of aggravating sometimes. I also have a Phantom 3 Pro and 4....enjoy all three..stop at three or will wound up in divorce court...lol

Interesting comment, you may be correct. A friend told me that where I was out in the country was in a spot that his Ham radio has problems in due to cell tower interference. I could not see any towers and no power lines in the area but he said it is in a microwave area. I don’t know much about that sort of stuff. First 2 flights ok then 3rd flight it goes nuts.
I don't know much about that stuff, either. But I once saw a movie in which a cop was trying to call for assistance but his radio was jammed by some nearby radio hacker who was experimenting with a homemade rig.

Assuming this is possible I have no doubt that as RC-UAV technology continues to grow at the present rate and hobby drones become more common, some RF hacker(s) will devise a way to project jamming interference onto the RC frequency and bring them down. And because all drones operate on the same frequency I wonder if such illegal devices could be hacked cheaply enough to find their way onto an underground market.

I believe the motivation to make or buy and use something like this is comparable to what motivates some individuals to buy relatively expensive laser beam projectors and aim them at the cockpits of passenger jets on landing approaches. Sadistic sociopathic malice.

Hi guys from the uk
Just had a flight today. Bad mistake.
drone wasn't starting up as usual but started. Sent it up to about 30 feet and it started being and unresponsive and ended crashing into a metal fence ouch. 3 blades camera knocked off but stayed on with one of the cable ties which stopped it falling to the ground.
After picking it up I was wounded why ?
Had a look around and found I was near a power station and the drone kept flying toward a poll with power boxes on it.
Is this why I had no control ?
Mike G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval