Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crazy Flight, almost flyaway.

Reaction score
I had a normal flight on first battery and started second battery @16.7 volts. I couldn't get my hdmi signal to goggles after i powered them down after flying first battery but not sure if this is related but it's the first time i couldn't connect. Screen on goggles said HDMI 720p but screen was dark not blue which is normal for no signal. So I flew just using ST screen and LOS in angle mode as usual. Launched fine and headed out in a straight line medium throttle and after a few hundred feet suddenly H banks hard right and is heading for some trees. I release throttle but she keeps going so I flip landing gear switch instead of rth (duh) and she stops! I try to fly her back but she is flying in an arch so I switch to smart mode and she behaves normally. Before I land I check voltage and she's at 15.8? this whole thing didn't last for much more than a minute so that surprises me. I reboot controller and H and now battery is 16.4. Everything looks good so I start her up and do a few maneuvers in angle mode and everything went fine. I'm going to re-calibrate everything.

Checked the flight log player and I can watch the H suddenly rotate right with no stick input by me except to instantly try and correct which had no affect. I fly in this area all the time and never had an issue.

Not sure what happened. But regarding your battery voltage, You are comparing voltage of a loaded and unloaded battery. 15.8 volts while there was a load on it. You apparently looked at the battery after you landed (based on the reboot of the ST( and it reads 16.4... This is normal. All my Drones do this. Long-time flyers will tell you to only use the loaded battery reading if you are basing how much flight time you have.

Reactions: abinder
thanks for the reply Bart. There were 3 battery readings, takeoff @16.7 return before landing 15.8 and after reboot 16.4. My concern was the big drop after only a 90 second flight time. I understand the rebounding voltage after battery rests.

Reactions: QuadBart
I had a normal flight on first battery and started second battery @16.7 volts. I couldn't get my hdmi signal to goggles after i powered them down after flying first battery but not sure if this is related but it's the first time i couldn't connect. Screen on goggles said HDMI 720p but screen was dark not blue which is normal for no signal. So I flew just using ST screen and LOS in angle mode as usual. Launched fine and headed out in a straight line medium throttle and after a few hundred feet suddenly H banks hard right and is heading for some trees. I release throttle but she keeps going so I flip landing gear switch instead of rth (duh) and she stops! I try to fly her back but she is flying in an arch so I switch to smart mode and she behaves normally. Before I land I check voltage and she's at 15.8? this whole thing didn't last for much more than a minute so that surprises me. I reboot controller and H and now battery is 16.4. Everything looks good so I start her up and do a few maneuvers in angle mode and everything went fine. I'm going to re-calibrate everything.

Checked the flight log player and I can watch the H suddenly rotate right with no stick input by me except to instantly try and correct which had no affect. I fly in this area all the time and never had an issue.
Did you check the KP levels before you took off? If the KP is 5 or more you should leave your drone in it's case because you will not be able to depend on the GPS system to keep it on track.

Did you check the KP levels before you took off? If the KP is 5 or more you should leave your drone in it's case because you will not be able to depend on the GPS system to keep it on track.

Does the ST16 display that info? I thought if you had like 11 or more sat's you were good to fly

You can have 20 satellites locked in on your GPS but if the KP reading is 5 or more it can still cause the GPS to fail and you will get a fly away. Get yourself an App such as Drone Buddy or UAV Forecast and they will tell you if it is a good time to fly or not. For example UAV Forecast displays wind speed, wind direction, probability of precipitation, visibility, daylight hours, temperature, visible satellites, satellites locked, KP levels and No Fly Zones. You can adjust the levels to a certain degree depending on your UAV, regulations and abilities.

You can have 20 satellites locked in on your GPS but if the KP reading is 5 or more it can still cause the GPS to fail and you will get a fly away. Get yourself an App such as Drone Buddy or UAV Forecast and they will tell you if it is a good time to fly or not. For example UAV Forecast displays wind speed, wind direction, probability of precipitation, visibility, daylight hours, temperature, visible satellites, satellites locked, KP levels and No Fly Zones. You can adjust the levels to a certain degree depending on your UAV, regulations and abilities.

Awesome thank you very much :)

No I didn't check kp, I'll definitely keep that in mind next time.

Thanks for that reminder

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval