Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crazy Idea

Reaction score
want to power this crawler using the ST16 anyone think I can make it work, I know nothing about this type of madness if someone says its impossible then I will forget about it.But if you think there is a chance I will take
s-l500.jpg any possible thoughts or other crazy ideass-l500 (1).jpg

Not without rewriting the firmware and there are far better options out there. Like PIC micro controllers that would be much better suited

Ok thanks, NO that is out of my league, thought I might be able to power it and attach the Yuneec gimbal and camera to get visual back to the ST16

Yeah, definitely better options. Those also look like brushed DC motors on that crawler, not brushless. Just arming the motors on the H board would send the crawler driving away, there's idle but no stop and go. Just forward if you're lucky, also the motor speed is determined by a lot of factors to maintain the height and direction of the H, they aren't constant. Right off the bat I would suspect the crawler would lunge all over and basically not be controllable.

Just get 4 cheap speed controls, a 4 channel receiver with transmitter, battery, and you're off and running.

If a camera and gimbal is to be involved might I suggest a 6 channel radio as minimum. That allows for pan, tilt, shutter, and the drive. You could do it with a 4 channel but using sticks for everything would be a pain. You really want sliders, and the option of adding other stuff later since you could carry them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x640536786