Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cruise mode with d-pad

Reaction score
Anyone know how to use cruise mode with the D-Pad? I checked the manual, even the good online manual, but don't see anything about it.

I'm not able to watch videos here at work - could you please let me know what this all about?

Thanks

When a D pad is pressed while in Advanced mode a pop up appears in the ST-16 screen that provides an abbreviated description of the control functions and requests verification that you desire the D pad functions to be active.

Short version; press the right D pad in the direction you want "cruise control" to go. The more times you press a pad the faster it will go. It generally requires 3 quick pad presses to obtain an observable cruise speed. To cancel cruise control, "still the right stick" or press the opposite direction D pad several times quickly. It's very simple, and fun, to use. You can press more than one pad in order to obtain an angular flightpath and speed.

If, after using and exiting cruise control, you experience a constant drift in a single direction during a hover, use the opposite direction D pad to cancel the drift.

Nice, I will have to try this out. Never used the function before. Do you know if RS is still active when in cruise mode? Will is stop or navigate around objects to keep flight path?

Sounds good. I'll admit I've completely ignored the D Pads except to close their dialog when I hit them accidentally.

I don't have RS so cannot answer the question.

I would think the last thing one would want during a time lapse photo is a moving aircraft, unless you want a massive blur. Cruise control is very nice for video shoots where a straight line at a given speed while manually working the gimbal is desired.

Last edited:
Put it in camera mode a snap a picture once per second in cruise mode. Then combine all the images together to make a film.

Or select burst mode and the max allowable pictures per burst. I think that's what was meant when he said "time lapse". I've done that for inspections and it works well.

The more I think about this... isn't this just adjusting trim until it's out of whack, and then adjusting it back into whack again when you're done?

In a manner of speaking, yes, but there's going to be some debate about out of whack;)

Using Cruise Control is very useful, especially when you learn the left stick controls remain active and don't force cancellation of Cruise Control when moved. Right stick movement generally cancels the mode. You can be pretty creative.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
howbirds