Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Customer Service...

Reaction score
I am currently on the phone with Customer Service. For the most part I've always heard positive things about Yuneec's customer service. I can't say that I'm entirely impressed. I don't want to say they treated me like an idiot but.....yeah they did. If a screen blacks out and you lose telemetry 2-3 off the ground and it beats your bird up. Definitely not operator error. Anyone else have a less than positive review with Yuneec CS?

Wow that has not been my experience -- I called about an issue with my Gimbal alignment and the girl I spoke with was nice and she did seem busy, but she was polite and informative -- and issue resolved.

I sent in my flight logs immediately after the phone call. They stated there is approx. a 24-48 wait period for review because of their workload which really isn't horrible. I've attached the tutorial that was sent to me in case anyone else might need it. If anyone is familiar with how to 'translate' the telemetry from the excel files I would be really interested in gleaning from your experiences.

I sent in my flight logs immediately after the phone call. They stated there is approx. a 24-48 wait period for review because of their workload which really isn't horrible. I've attached the tutorial that was sent to me in case anyone else might need it. If anyone is familiar with how to 'translate' the telemetry from the excel files I would be really interested in gleaning from your experiences.

I dont see the attachment, but would love to :)

I just got off the phone with CS and I found the person that I talked to very helpful. Not only did he solve my problems but he explained what caused them.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
I have had very good experience with CS. They answered my call quickly and gave me an RMA. They returned the H in a reasonable time, but did not fix all the issues. The problem with the camera only happened in high contrast lighting so it did not show up in their testing. I contacted them again and they cross shipped a new camera.

Back on the phone with customer support this morning to discuss the telemetry data. Totally unimpressed. Screen goes black and they called it operator error. They did not even consider the month of prior flying with no errors. Sending it in for RMA. Now out a platform for a month and however much the repairs will be.

Peoples experiences with Customer Service varies from agent to agent. One good thing is that they speak English unlike some other companies agents. As a person who has been on the other end of the line it is very easy to jump to conclusions. You hear the same thing over and over and this causes false diagnoses.
You have to be as helpful and friendly as you can when talking to the agent. I try to plan out everything before hand so that they can get as clear a picture as possible.

When there's money on the line and it's business though...I certainly feel frustrated by the entire situation. I completely agree with your statement regarding being as helpful as possible. I purchased a Yuneec product because I heard everyone rave about the CS. The technician did state that his hands were tied to due to their policy, I get that. The telemetry, 3D modeling, flight logs were all in line with what I described initially. The story's match up to their data aside from their description that the logs show I held down the controls as if to brutalize the platform purposefully. The complete disregard for totality of circumstance is what is unacceptable. If the screen goes black and the bird pulls itself along the ground without any manual input from the operator, to state that this was done purposefully is ludicrous.

When there's money on the line and it's business though...I certainly feel frustrated by the entire situation. I completely agree with your statement regarding being as helpful as possible. I purchased a Yuneec product because I heard everyone rave about the CS. The technician did state that his hands were tied to due to their policy, I get that. The telemetry, 3D modeling, flight logs were all in line with what I described initially. The story's match up to their data aside from their description that the logs show I held down the controls as if to brutalize the platform purposefully. The complete disregard for totality of circumstance is what is unacceptable. If the screen goes black and the bird pulls itself along the ground without any manual input from the operator, to state that this was done purposefully is ludicrous.

Maybe we all need GoPro's Filming the st16 while we are flying so we can back up the data with video. The data file sounds like it can be misleading, a battery or hardware glitch, could change the data to show something else happened right?

Just shipped off my package UPS from the midwest to Ontario, California. I will document the pricing as we go. Again, the modularity of the engineering in the design is incredible. Just have yet to be impressed by the CS :) At the end of the day business is business. They have a product that malfunctioned, end of story.

Placing another bird in follow me mode right near where your are operating to document if you screw up or not...? I wish I would have done that at this point! :)

Just shipped off my package UPS from the midwest to Ontario, California. I will document the pricing as we go. Again, the modularity of the engineering in the design is incredible. Just have yet to be impressed by the CS :) At the end of the day business is business. They have a product that malfunctioned, end of story.

Hopefully they will see that in deeper diags :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval