Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Damaged E90

Reaction score
Hi, I have a damaged E90, the 520 landed with a leg up, the E90 still connects to video but the gimbal seems dead, I have tried re installing firmware but it didn't sort the issue, any ideas ?

If you have a landing gear issue, as you had, it might be best to hand catch (if your comfortable) rather than damage the drone. Hope you're able to repair it.

If the display on the controller is rotated, it's possible that the gimbal is stuck and just needs to be released gently. Happend to me over the weekend.

If you have a landing gear issue, as you had, it might be best to hand catch (if your comfortable) rather than damage the drone. Hope you're able to repair it.
yes unfortunately a colleague was flying a survey mission and not paying attention as it came in for an automatic landing, it could have been prevented

Reactions: Steve Carr
There is a very small hole in the black cover of the rear arm. Left edge, above center. Under the hole is an LED. A few seconds after you put power on the camera, the LED should flash a few times, and go back out. Does this LED ever come on? If so, what color and pattern of flashes does it show?

Does the gimbal/camera make any beeping sounds? The beeps are a code. We would need to know the pattern of the short/long beeps.

If any dampers pulled out, the slip ring wires become the prime suspect.
I would at least check the slip ring wires at the top, even if the dampers did not pull out.

Is there any visible damage to the camera? Chips, scratches, mud and debris can tell a story, as well as heavier damage. Please describe or provide a picture. Look especially at the round black cover on the INSIDE end of the roll motor, between the arms. If there is a rub mark there, it is important.

Last edited:
There is a very small hole in the black cover of the rear arm. Left edge, above center. Under the hole is an LED. A few seconds after you put power on the camera, the LED should flash a few times, and go back out. Does this LED ever come on? If so, what color and pattern of flashes does it show?

Does the gimbal/camera make any beeping sounds? The beeps are a code. We would need to know the pattern of the short/long beeps.

If any dampers pulled out, the slip ring wires become the prime suspect.
I would at least check the slip ring wires at the top, even if the dampers did not pull out.
Thanks, I will check

This is starting to sound like ribbon damage, or possibly some debris interfering with the pitch sensor or it's sensor magnet. Or some water somewhere.

Was the crash area wet or muddy? Or dusty dry?

Look for some faint shiny marks on the top of each arm, at the elbows, and on the vertical arm where the elbow may have contacted the vertical arm. (suggests damage to the pitch ribbon).

The broken lens is sometimes associated with ribbon damage under the left hub. But those are most often accompanied by a rub mark on the black disk between the arms in the roll axis.

Reactions: Mike Irish
This is starting to sound like ribbon damage, or possibly some debris interfering with the pitch sensor or it's sensor magnet. Or some water somewhere.

Was the crash area wet or muddy? Or dusty dry?

Look for some faint shiny marks on the top of each arm, at the elbows, and on the vertical arm where the elbow may have contacted the vertical arm. (suggests damage to the pitch ribbon).

The broken lens is sometimes associated with ribbon damage under the left hub. But those are most often accompanied by a rub mark on the black disk between the arms in the roll axis.
taking a closer look and I don't see any marks but there is something rattling inside

If the lens was shattered, the rattle could be a piece of glass. Or any of a few things that may have popped off from the impact.

A faint hope may be inspecting the pitch sensor area. You will have to pry the black disk off the right (when viewed from the rear) camera hub. There are two screws under the disk to hold the hub cover, then two more holding the sensor in place. Under the sensor, there is a very small ring magnet on the end of the pitch motor shaft. If the magnet or the sensor itself are contaminated, it could an issue. That is only a very small probability.

Mostly, I think this has reached the point that hands on diagnosis is required. You may want to contact Yuneec GB to arrange for the repair (Home). I would offer to help, but I'm on the wrong side of the pond.

If the lens was shattered, the rattle could be a piece of glass. Or any of a few things that may have popped off from the impact.

A faint hope may be inspecting the pitch sensor area. You will have to pry the black disk off the right (when viewed from the rear) camera hub. There are two screws under the disk to hold the hub cover, then two more holding the sensor in place. Under the sensor, there is a very small ring magnet on the end of the pitch motor shaft. If the magnet or the sensor itself are contaminated, it could an issue. That is only a very small probability.

Mostly, I think this has reached the point that hands on diagnosis is required. You may want to contact Yuneec GB to arrange for the repair (Home). I would offer to help, but I'm on the wrong side of the pond.
yes I think you are right, I will try and contact them tomorrow morning

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece