Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Danger of Lipos and the crappy supplied charger

As a newbie I appreciate this constructive tip in an lenghty discussion. I have considered an SkyRC 100 (for safe faster charging and storage purposes) but with additional cables it's pricier than the DY3. Besides faster charging might be risky. Decent, as in it does it's job I gather?

As a newbie I appreciate this constructive tip in an lenghty discussion. I have considered an SkyRC 100 (for safe faster charging and storage purposes) but with additional cables it's pricier than the DY3. Besides faster charging might be risky. Decent, as in it does it's job I gather?

I use the DY3 for almost two years now. Thingie doing a good job, only issue is that one sometimes need to wiggle the batt a bit while inserting, for flawless contact.

The primary reason to make the slight additional investment in a charger like the SkyRC 100 is the ability to easily monitor your IR levels, as well as the flexibility of charging more than one type of battery.

Reactions: PatR
I use the DY3 for almost two years now. Thingie doing a good job, only issue is that one sometimes need to wiggle the batt a bit while inserting, for flawless contact.
Yes I'm impressed with the DY3.

Thanks everybody! I might just stick with the simplest solution an DY5 charger - and I must admit that I made the mistake of mixing up the DY3 and 5 (its the DY5 for the H+ batteries; it's an H+ i bought). Regarding storage, well, one could always use an unused cast iron stove with chimney for ventilation.I once (in 'scientifical' purpose) bent a lipo from a bricked cellphone, a relevation since I quickly learned not to mess with lipos. Again tnx!

Reactions: PatR
Thanks everybody! I might just stick with the simplest solution an DY5 charger - and I must admit that I made the mistake of mixing up the DY3 and 5 (its the DY5 for the H+ batteries; it's an H+ i bought). Regarding storage, well, one could always use an unused cast iron stove with chimney for ventilation.I once (in 'scientifical' purpose) bent a lipo from a bricked cellphone, a relevation since I quickly learned not to mess with lipos. Again tnx!
A lot use a metal ammo box, batteries in a Lipo bag first,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polenutrition