Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

dangerous beyond line of sight dji mavic pro interference

Reaction score
while using my drone at buckeye park in lepsic Ohio 7-13-19 hovering at 386 ft agl 128ft northeast from st16s and in park boundry. I was focusing my h520 to watch the rail junction of ns and csx. While doing so I heard a sound that did not sound right and right in front of me under 50ft agl came a dji mavic unit. did a quick glance back to my h520 to make sure it was holding in place. which is was. I step to the side so it would not fly right over me. It's flight path away from me confirmed it was a not a line of sight type flight. not even sure the dji was registered no markings were visuable from the side front or back or bottom. hopefully it was on the top of the unit but that was not visuable to me.

Last edited:
I have to say that idiot pilot is idiot pilot no matter what brand or type of UAV they fly. While the video link on DJI craft for the most part outshines the Yuneec and lends a helping hand to BVLOS flying it is not the cause of the illegal flying.

I would love for my TH to have a far better video link than it does. It would help in doing smoother pans and tilts by not having the lag it does. It would also help avoid the loss of video sync when the AC is still well within VLOS and RC Control is still working fine.

I have to say that idiot pilot is idiot pilot no matter what brand or type of UAV they fly. While the video link on DJI craft for the most part outshines the Yuneec and lends a helping hand to BVLOS flying it is not the cause of the illegal flying.

I would love for my TH to have a far better video link than it does. It would help in doing smoother pans and tilts by not having the lag it does. It would also help avoid the loss of video sync when the AC is still well within VLOS and RC Control is still working fine.
Be thankful you're not on EU firmware.

I am not placing any blame on the dji aircraft itself unless user was using active track. It is the pilot of that craft.

Flying FPV sometimes you might lose sight of the drone I try not to but sometimes it happens

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop