Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

developing secondary power source for st16 series controller

new project started. this takes 4hawks xr and super sizes it. the new antenna array is 2. 2.4 ghz 19dbi 15inch panels and one 5.8 ghz 15 inch panel 23dbi that is in the middle. size is just under 48 inches long 15 inches high. just over 3 inches thick with all the mounting hardware.

new project started. this takes 4hawks xr and super sizes it. the new antenna array is 2. 2.4 ghz 19dbi 15inch panels and one 5.8 ghz 15 inch panel 23dbi that is in the middle. size is just under 48 inches long 15 inches high. just over 3 inches thick with all the mounting hardware.
Is that just for use with the H series prior to the H520E and ST16E?

This sounds like a base station project Terrence.

h520e and st16e primary. and yes it is sorta. just need to sort out the distance between the 2.4 ghz antennas.
So what is the 5.8GHz for? I thought all comms were over the 2.4GHz OFDM for both control and video link, hence the reason for the cameras not having their own built in AP.

Thanks Terrence!

further refinement on the antenna array made. rebuilt the mounting and switched the 2.4ghz antennas that had sma connector to 2.4ghz antenna that has n connectors and is actually labeled to where vertical and horizontal polarity actually are and set the 5.8ghz behind the 2.4 ghz in the middle like 4hawks do on their raptor patch .antennas. using lmr400 cable from the booster to the antenna.

added second antenna build this one with 2 2.4ghz 19dbi panels and no 5.8ghz since 5.8 is for rtk or upgrading firmware connected to wifi router. I just have the mushroom on the st16e and twin panel 2.4ghz antennas. I know have 2 antenna array heads waiting for a mount point to be installed on them so they can be mobile.

I been checking that against the white application papers yuneec summited for st16e for approval by government agency to sell the h520e in the usa. So far I am not finding it. and even if it is redundant the wifi 2.4ghz is internal not external. I know more when I get the pigtails for the twin 19dbi 2.4ghz antennas array that has no 5.8 ghz antenna.

Reactions: WTFDproject
today is test day for new antenna's first test is with the twin 2.4ghz panels array no 5.8ghz panel on this one. also testing 520e flight battery powers source for the 2.4ghz sunhans boosters. the main antenna mast can be changed out for a longer poles using a three foot pole now. should get general base line results. I do not have the cables for optimum results.

test done base line was better than expected. exceeded 4hawks xr max distance flown. odfm dbi were in order. still had good side to side coverage from the antenna heads also better than expected signal with the drone in the air behind me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval