Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Difference beween ST16 controllers.

Reaction score
On some videos I see a ST 16 controller with black rubber switches for example the landing gear switch. The ST 16 controller I got with a sadly 'DOA' typhoon didn't had these rubberized switches. They were all metal. Does anyone knows if there's a difference between these controllers? Are there different manufacturers?

Regards John

John we are thinking these were the first run St16s. Probably slightly more expensive. But shouldn't be different.

With the Pro you'll get a improved ST16 (with 3 antenna's)
Mine right now is going out 4-6000 ft every day at least once since I got her may 31st,and have had no issues. I'm going to put the real sense module on when it's available.At first I was going to wait for the pro,and I'm glad I didn't. The H has been nothing but fantastic, rubber switches and all.It will be the the newbie pro version guys who can finish the final round of beta testing for the rest of us.

Hi Rinz, 3! Maybe the video feed will be improved then.
Humboldt707 I hope your wrong. And the Advanced guys improved the Pro version.

Sorry humboldt707 i ment that I hope the Pro version is not a 'beta-test' model. I myself got a Advanced model that could not connect to the camera, and went was ststed as DOA. There are many issues i read on this Forum regarding the slow connecting to the camera. So i hope this issue has been resolved.

Sorry humboldt707 i ment that I hope the Pro version is not a 'beta-test' model. I myself got a Advanced model that could not connect to the camera, and went was ststed as DOA. There are many issues i read on this Forum regarding the slow connecting to the camera. So i hope this issue has been resolved.
Your right,I also hope not but its seems to be par for the course. My H connected right up I didn't have to put a password in or nothing,it was weird it just linked right up. One of my Chromas did the the same,they are made by Yuneec also. My H has had no issues at all except one time while landing it was a little washey. A first time accelerometer,followed by a second compass Reset solved that. I'm reading all these problems on the forum and a lot of them are guys who were on this forum months before the release,which is terrible.

It's just like all those reviews on YouTube from those trend websites. Probably they get payed to bash the opponent. You have to pick the ones, that review the typhoon just for hobby or profession.

It's shown on a picture on Yuneec's site. When you click on "products" you'll see it right away. And it should fix connection problems...think i read that here somewhere :cool:. Laura told me she would check this with her rep, but i haven't heard from her yet.

Last edited:
More info about the new ST16 Pro version. In German though. As I am Dutch no problem for me but you English speaking folks can use the Facebook translate function. Photos speak for themselves btw the landing gear switch is al little bit smaller. Yuneec - Fans

Last edited:
From what I've read, the first version of the ST16 (had the rubberized toggles) had some internal engineering issues (small cooling fans coming loose). The second version (chromed toggles) were reengineered so the fans do not come loose. This is the current version for the H Advanced. The H Pro will come with an enhanced ST16 that has one of the antennas that is housed the handle of V1 and V2 now mounted on the outside through an external antenna. I've read this is supposed to improve the some communications between the H and the controller, of I recall correctly the telemetry.

Sadly it looks like it, but I guess we have to wait till Yuneec gives some more info about this whole ST-16 situation. What pisses me off is that they rarely give any official statements on these forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval