Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Difference in sound between a Typhoon H and a Tornado H920+

Funny thing about propellers, the tips move faster than the hubs, and there’s a considerable relationship between tip speed and sound generation. The screech heard from a 920 is caused by improper timing of the ESC’s for the motor type.

The 920 is certainly more noisy than an H but it’s not designed around stealth. It’s more about image quality, an area where it smokes an H because it can carry a better camera;). It took DJI a couple years after the 920 was released to match it, with audible footprints that are pretty large themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: pixelzombie
Funny thing about propellers, the tips move faster than the hubs, and there’s a considerable relationship between tip speed and sound generation. The 920 is certainly more noisy than an H but it’s not designed around stealth. It’s more about image quality, an area where it smokes an H because it can carry a better camera;). It took DJI a couple years after the 920 was released to match it, with audible footprints that are pretty large themselves.

I'm curious to hear an H+ in flight because it is supposed to be about 40% quieter than a standard H which is pretty quiet already. With Two H's and two 920's I really can't justify buying another one, but I wouldn't be entirely opposed to the idea of a trade + $ maybe.

I just happened to be shooting a video of my H and H Plus side by side in flight and the difference between them is very similar between the differences in your H and 920 albeit, in this case the 480 has the high pitched sound that drowns out the Plus, though it is not as great a difference as heard in your video.

TwoMoreSmaller.jpg

I'm curious to hear an H+ in flight because it is supposed to be about 40% quieter than a standard H which is pretty quiet already. With Two H's and two 920's I really can't justify buying another one, but I wouldn't be entirely opposed to the idea of a trade + $ maybe.

Unless you plan on performing mapping work there’s really no justification in buying a 520 and the CGO-4 is pretty much a match for the E-90, in some ways better, ruling out an H Plus[emoji6]

I had an H and now have 2 H pluses. Huge difference in pitch of sound from the H. It's a whine where as the H plus is a low buzz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval