Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

differences US UK

Reaction score
Hi, newbie alert.
I have not even received my Q500 4K till tomorrow.
So i've been doing a fair bit of reading and watching.
There seems to be a big difference in the altitude that US can go to. I saw a vid at 750 mtrs yesterday.
But also read something that UK has a max allowable height of 400 foot.
Have I got this wrong?
Couple of questions:
  1. Is there a difference in the software or firmware for US and UK.
  2. I have purchased the Q500 for filming in the mountains of Wales and Scotland all of which are over 400foot
  3. What is the control distance, can I control it from 1/4 mile 1/2 mile or even greater.
  4. What is the significance of the 30foot take off distance from controller?
  5. What software is available (free) for PC to analyze the flight details.
Hopefully I'll get my first flights in later in the week or weekend, weather permitting.

Hello Princy555 and welcome to the forum.

The first thing to do before making a post is to utilize the search tool for the forum. The data base is based on what others have posted, and if their post has tags added to it ( which all new threads should have ) to make their answers or questions helpful to other members in the search data base.

To use the tool and where it is located, look above this thread and you will see a grey bar. Directly above it, and to the extreme right, you will find an icon that looks like a magnifier. Click on the icon and then enter the key words you want to find answers for or related terms. This will bring up threads and posts that may be related to what you are wanting to get an answer for.

It is usually best to use this method first as most things have been covered, especially about the UAV you own. I do believe that your questions 1 through 5 can be found there.

Murray

Murray makes a good point. You can learn much by reading the many posts in this forum.
I would mention, regarding your questions, the altitude limit is based on the takeoff point and not Mean Sea Level. It's AGL, above ground level. So when you take off the altitude is limited to 400' above that location.

1. Is there a difference in the software or firmware for US and UK.
  2. I have purchased the Q500 for filming in the mountains of Wales and Scotland all of which are over 400foot
  3. What is the control distance, can I control it from 1/4 mile 1/2 mile or even greater.
  4. What is the significance of the 30foot take off distance from controller?
  5. What software is available (free) for PC to analyze the flight details.
Hopefully I'll get my first flights in later in the week or weekend, weather permitting.

I don't have a Q500 so i'm not aware of the functions but I can hopefully answer a couple of your queries.

1. Probably! do a search.
2. The legal altitude limit in the uk is 400ft above ground level, not sea level. The videos you see that are higher than this are probably breaking the law unless the pilot has special permission (I could be wrong) or is filming something that is over 400ft tall.
4. In smart mode, the Q500 will not fly within 8m of you (the transmitter) purely for safety reasons. I don't think you're supposed to take off in smart mode because if you're within the 8m/30ft, it will try to get away from you!
5. again, search. there are some apps that will translate your flight logs etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy