Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Disaster!

OK. I finished the compilation of a few of the videos captured with my faithful Typhoon H. Be sure to see the end. Enjoy.

Good pictures. A good memory of your TH. Try to buy another TH similar to yours used and keep enjoying with great videos. A pity
Thank you.
Replacing the TH is definitely one of the paths I'm considering. I am also thinking about taking a step up in terms of camera quality (better dynamic range being the biggest issue for me) and/or improved flight characteristics and/or more portability.

Rubik...Nice Video ! I remember watching some of your clips. I like the water and chirping birds sound effects ! Nice touch~!!
Sorry about your loss as i know how it feels as I crashed mine this spring...

I replaced mine with the insurance money State Farm gave me and i bought the Autel EVO.
I paid $1250 for my Typhoon H when they first came out, and My insurance company paid me $1150.
I sold the H for Parts, Sold the Controller, and other items and got about another $350. I made out OK !

I bought the EVO Rugged bundle on sale with 4 batteries, Nanuk Hard Case and car charger for $1199.
I miss a lot of things with the Typhoon H, I think the cameras videos where better, and I notice when I fly the EVO a lot of people have commented "Nice Toy" where with the Typhoon H most have commented in a more professional manor. the things I like about the EVO is its compact size and it is a LOT easier to transport.

I always like the sturdy all in one aspect with the S16 controller, but start up times with the EVO is seconds compared to the H, and my set up is a little rickety with the small EVO controller and attached tablet.

With the EVO Nanuk case I can take the 4 batteries, controller, 7" Samsung tablet, and car charger in a much sturdier case, and it is about 1/3 the size of the Typhoon H case. The EVO range is a lot better and I get longer flight times, in calm weather. I noticed that when it is windy, flight times decrease as the little thing has to work harder, but I still get 15-17 minutes in breezy conditions.
Just giving you something to consider.

Rubik...Nice Video ! I remember watching some of your clips. I like the water and chirping birds sound effects ! Nice touch~!!
Sorry about your loss as i know how it feels as I crashed mine this spring...

I replaced mine with the insurance money State Farm gave me and i bought the Autel EVO.
I paid $1250 for my Typhoon H when they first came out, and My insurance company paid me $1150.
I sold the H for Parts, Sold the Controller, and other items and got about another $350. I made out OK !

I bought the EVO Rugged bundle on sale with 4 batteries, Nanuk Hard Case and car charger for $1199.
I miss a lot of things with the Typhoon H, I think the cameras videos where better, and I notice when I fly the EVO a lot of people have commented "Nice Toy" where with the Typhoon H most have commented in a more professional manor. the things I like about the EVO is its compact size and it is a LOT easier to transport.

I always like the sturdy all in one aspect with the S16 controller, but start up times with the EVO is seconds compared to the H, and my set up is a little rickety with the small EVO controller and attached tablet.

With the EVO Nanuk case I can take the 4 batteries, controller, 7" Samsung tablet, and car charger in a much sturdier case, and it is about 1/3 the size of the Typhoon H case. The EVO range is a lot better and I get longer flight times, in calm weather. I noticed that when it is windy, flight times decrease as the little thing has to work harder, but I still get 15-17 minutes in breezy conditions.
Just giving you something to consider.
Thank you for the kind words and information about your EVO kit. Of course, EVO is on the list of possible replacements for my late TH. I remember the first time I saw a Phantom, I had the same "this looks like a toy" response. Nothing like that with the TH. But the very things that made the TH bold and respectable (size, hex, integrated controller, retracts) were the things that made it heavy and difficult to transport. I'm mainly looking for a stable and reliable aerial camera that shoots excellent 4K video, perhaps even 60 fps, AND that's easier to transport. EVO and Skydio2 are contenders.
BTW, did you have your drone listed specifically on the StateFarm policy?

Thank you for the kind words and information about your EVO kit. Of course, EVO is on the list of possible replacements for my late TH. I remember the first time I saw a Phantom, I had the same "this looks like a toy" response. Nothing like that with the TH. But the very things that made the TH bold and respectable (size, hex, integrated controller, retracts) were the things that made it heavy and difficult to transport. I'm mainly looking for a stable and reliable aerial camera that shoots excellent 4K video, perhaps even 60 fps, AND that's easier to transport. EVO and Skydio2 are contenders.
BTW, did you have your drone listed specifically on the StateFarm policy?

I agree with your comment on what made the H Bold and Respectable, and hard to transport !
and yes I have all my drones on my State Farm Policy, I had to give them a copy of my purchase receipt and Drone Serial number for replacement value. The policy is for personal replacement coverage for all my photography equipment valued at $15K I am a amateur semi pro sports photographer and my yearly coverage is $65.
First time in 17 + years i had to use it !

Reactions: Rubik
I'm wondering what are the advantages of a 360-deg gimbal. Shooting while flying forward, shooting while sliding sideways and shooting while flying backwards are all pretty easy without the 360 gimbal. The only maneuver that I can think of that would be difficult or impossible without the 360 gimbal is flying in a straight line (or CCC route) with the camera slowly rotating. The only way you could do this without the 360 gimbal is by rotating the drone while continuously changing the relative direction of travel to follow a path. That would require exceptional drone control skills. Can you think of any other cinematic maneuvers that are only possible with the 360-deg gimbal?

I'm wondering what are the advantages of a 360-deg gimbal. Shooting while flying forward, shooting while sliding sideways and shooting while flying backwards are all pretty easy without the 360 gimbal. The only maneuver that I can think of that would be difficult or impossible without the 360 gimbal is flying in a straight line (or CCC route) with the camera slowly rotating. The only way you could do this without the 360 gimbal is by rotating the drone while continuously changing the relative direction of travel to follow a path. That would require exceptional drone control skills. Can you think of any other cinematic maneuvers that are only possible with the 360-deg gimbal?
I find the 360 Gimbal is much smoother than turning the copter, certainly on the H, especially when panning a moving object like a train or a car.

I find the 360 Gimbal is much smoother than turning the copter, certainly on the H, especially when panning a moving object like a train or a car.
I would agree. It's all right for a rough pan turning the aircraft but if you want to do something with a bit more smooth precision then that 360 gimbal is hard to equal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital